Controllable trainer is not discoverable using Zwift Companion v.3.15.0 [SOLVED]

I installed the new release this morning on my Android phone. now the companion app will not connect to my wahoo kcker.

My WAHOO Kickr Snap is now not working in Erg mode, period. Just finished 5 weeks of erg workouts without a hitch. Now it refuses to work or incidentally disables the non functional erg mode, again to no avail.
Running Zwift on iOS iPad Pro. Companion on iPhone SE. The one thing that has changed in my setup is the new iPhone. Could it be…?

Having issues in the passed three days with Wahoo Tickr not connecting to Zwift too…has done for over a year and connects with Wahoo fitness app too, just nothing when trying to find the sensor on the connections screen. I am using on an Apple TV, can’t find any OS or firmware updates as being needed, causing huge frustration. Any insight please? Thanks.

Dang! I have been trying to troubleshoot this most of this afternoon. No controllable trainer through Companion. In my case I’m using ATV so I need Zwift Companion to work instead of a native (2 bluetooth) connection. Please advise on this. BTW: Could not get a trainer connection on the dedicated Zwift app on IOS either.

Same issue with Minoura Kagura here

I can pair it this way to my controllability trainer this way but I then lose my cadence and Heart Rate on my PC … But I can see my Cadence on the companion Dashboard… Is this a temporary fix ?

Same here. Support ticket submitted with Zwift. All other connection methods work (Macbook, ATV). Not companion app.

I have this issue, but I was able to connect the controller, cadence, and heart rate directly through AppleTV rather than through the companion app. I can’t explain how I was able to connect three separate Bluetooth devices through AppleTV.

YES!! So glad I found this forum. I was going crazy restarting everything, disconnecting every Bluetooth thing around, dropping F-bombs … LOL. PLEASE fix soon!!!

How soon before fix? Drove me nuts!

My update…the IOS Companion App does not connect my Kickr trainer to my Mac. I am, however, able to connect (with Kickr control) directly to Zwift on my iPhone. This was working fine on Friday. Not sure when my Companion app updated but my Mac downloaded a Zwift update yesterday right before my dismal ride.

Riding on my iPhone is NOT a good option. I can’t read that tiny screen. Today’s group ride was pretty unpleasant. I’d almost prefer to ride with my unresponsive trainer than rely exclusively on the phone.

Any updates on when this will be resolved?

Bizarrely, Michael, I had the same problem and was able to do the same on ATV (although I suspect that cadence or HR was through the companion app)

I thought it was my new Favero Assioma duo pedals… i normally use my ipad, after 30 mins of frustration used the companion app on my samsung s9 and it worked…

The problem seemed to be resolved this morning.

1 Like

If you have a Kickr or Kickr Core, it can send cadence and power through the same BT connection, so that’s only 1 connection. (HR is second connection and controller is 3rd).

I have the Kickr Snap. I should have added some detail: Yesterday, I was able to circumvent the problem by switching to AppleTV. (Again, I don’t know why it worked. I don’t thing Zwift Companion was somehow providing the 4th BT connection – my understanding is that it is “all or nothing.” Maybe I was actually going through Zwift Companion for everything, even though Zwift was telling me I was connecting through AppleTV.)

Today, I first tried using AppleTV, but I got the standard “you can’t do this” message when I tried connecting the 4th BT connection (my HRM). So I switched to Zwift Companion and had no issue.

Everyone: Companion version 3.15.1 solves this issue, and is available now on Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

Please update at your earliest convenience.

2 Likes

Is that the correct version? I’m current on iOS and the version shows 3.15.1(1043). Server version 1.194.3. BTW, companion used to connect in 2 seconds, now it takes about 15 to 30 seconds.

@I.B_Smitty
Sorry, I fat fingered that. I meant 3.15.1.

Thank you for fixing the problem :pray: