Connection with Schwinn 570U

Hi,

I have a Schwinn 570U with bluetooth, but when trying to pair it with Zwift the app does not find the indoor bike. I have ensured all other possible Bluetooth connections are off or not possible, but that doesn’t seem to help. I also searched this forum but could not find the solution. Schwinn told me this is something that should be enabled by Zwift, but I’m not sure that is true. I understand that this bike is not officially supported, but as it has Bluetooth, I would think that Zwift should at least be able to detect the bike?
Any ideas on how I could get this paired?

Thx

Hi @Lizsz, welcome to the Zwift forums.

This sounds like it is a case of a proprietary bluetooth signal. Not all bluetooth is created equal. Some manufacturers use a signal that can’t be picked up by other devices and only works with their hardware.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply! The reseller told me ‘it might get enabled by Zwift some day’. Would you know if that is then indeed possible? Cause it feels to me this won’t be if they use ‘private’ communication to support their own app only?

Sorry, no idea?

I have some ideas. Please look into last two commits in hxxps://github.com/ursoft/connectivity-samples/tree/main/BluetoothLeGatt - BLE to Power/Cadence ANT+ Sensor simulator android app. I think it is better to connect Schwinn directly and you can make this improvement easily.

just hacked: hxxps://github.com/ursoft/ANT_Libraries hxxps://forum.velomania.ru/showthread.php?t=282643&p=9070382&viewfull=1#post9070382

@Youry_Pershin hello! this might be exactly what im looking for, but I might need some help tho…
So to my understanding this method Swhinn will be able to send its data to the phone and the app with recalculate the raw schwinn data to cadance?

If this is indeed the case, would ya be able to help me out on how to get this done? have you done it yourself too?

Regards,
Switty

No, this method is only for ZwiftApp.exe (via ANT_DLL.dll hack). But you (or programmer you hired to help) can use this one ( hxxps://github.com/ursoft/connectivity-samples/commits/main or hxxps://github.com/ursoft/ANT_Libraries/blob/46d0b29e4ff19ef0e501345d0eb85c8d10849036/ANT_DLL/WROOM_esp32/WROOM_esp32.ino) to convert Schwinn private BLE to Zwift-acceptable protocol.

ahh ok, then I guess it goes pretty much gets lost on me, heh.
maybe ill have a better look when I got more time, but this looks like rocket science to me