Schwinn IC4 does not connect

My wife bought an IC4 and I was hoping to use it with Zwift. However, the app won’t even pair with the bike. The app cannot find the bike as a power device or any other bluetooth device. I emailed Zwift and they simply said it isn’t compatible. I emailed Schwinn, who claims it is compatible on their website, but they never replied.

I’ve seen people complaining about power accuracy, but I can’t even get the thing to connect. Does anyone know if Zwift might have disabled the IC4 from connecting, or is it just me not able to connect?

1 Like

Did you follow these steps?

1 Like

Yes. Nothing shows up to pair with, though.

Is the IC4 perhaps already connected to another device? Bluetooth will only allow a 1-to-1 connection, so if the IC4 is connected to something else, even whatever device you are using to run Zwift, but not directly through the Zwift app, you may need to disconnect and/or ‘forget’ the IC4 on that device in order for it to show up in Zwift.

1 Like

Android isn’t typically my primary device, but I accidentally stopped half a mile short of completing “Ride California” so I was going to try to finish it out real quick on my phone the other day.

Long story short, I wasn’t able to get any devices at all to pair on Android 12 / Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra period. And that’s even though the Favero Assioma app, and the Wahoo app, and the Polar app all see the devices fine.

I think something might currently be broken with pairing new devices on Android.

I’m also experiencing this issue on a brand new IC4.

Using a Pixel 5 on Android and have reset both my phone and the bike to no avail. So frustrating that I might just return the bike.

Funny thing is I had a Saris H3 I just sold bc I never used it. Was finicky hooking up my MTB and the freehub was ridiculously loud. Little did I know that the fixed gear on the IC4 is significantly less pleasant. And I essentially just downgraded. Was hoping having a dedicated exercise bike would provide a bit less hassle than changing my bike over and messing with the derailleur (was always making noise), but without smooth connectivity to Zwift it’s driving me mad.

Anywho… Have you gotten the IC4 working with your Android device? Any hope?

Sure enough, it was an Android location permission issue for the Zwift app. Allowing location while using the app allowed Bluetooth to sync successfully. Special thanks to Stuart for uncovering that one! thread “ic4-with-android”. (Can’t include links here)

The Zwift app needs permission to use location on your phone/tablet but not only that, you must pick “only when the app is running” and not “always.”

This seems to resolve nearly all the issues.

Thank you Domenick and Stuart! Going into the app permissions and enabling location did the trick. It paired up quickly.

A suggestion for Zwift and Schwinn support… you might mention this fix instead of just giving non-advice (Zwift said IC4 is not compatible, Schwinn said to just use their app instead). Forum to the rescue, thank you folks.