Conflict between Stryd and KickR Core 2018

Having the same issue with latest Zwift version. (stryd and kickr 18.

I am having the exact same issue! I do not own a treadmill but I do have a Stryd foot pod and it has never been in the vicinity of my Kickr. My sneakers are 3 floors above my bike trainer and the Bluetooth is only recognizing Stryd as its primary power meter. I am completely unable to use Zwift because of this and Iā€™m beyond frustrated. My season training began today and it was a complete bust. PLEASE help me unpair Stryd from Zwift!!!

read my post above in this thread ā€¦ it has the workaround / ā€œfixā€ to this

Zwift:
Can you please just stop listing up the Stryd under power-source when youā€™re on the ā€œRideā€ menu ā€¦
Stryd should simply never be avilable when youā€™re riding the bike ā€¦ simple as that.

You should be able to detect the stryd by itā€™s uqniqu bluetooth id, and just not list it up for the ā€œRideā€ part of Zwift. Please confirm this Zwift and fix the issue once and for all, you see A LOT of people complaining about this issue, which should be so easy to fix if you just put a little effort into it

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using Zwift on AppleTV for cycling for more than a year. Today, this issue cropped up. Now Zwift only wants to pair with my Stryd ā€“ not my NPE CABLE or PowerTap pedals. I want for Zwift to forget the Stryd but it wonā€™t. I tried rebooting the AppleTV but no go. I messed with this for over 30 minutes today and never got Zwift to pair with the correct device.

I see that Eirikur suggests moving my running shoes outside. Itā€™s not as if the shoes were right next to me either!

This is very frustrating.

1 Like

I posted a ā€œfixā€ to this issue, scroll through this thread and find it. That will solve your problem, and you donā€™t have to move the Stryd out of the room :muscle:

So change to Zwift Run - select power source (Stryd), change back to Zwift Ride and select your power source there?

Yes, by going into run and selecting a power source, youā€™re basically disconnecting the Stryd

Iā€™ve already asked Zwift to stop Stryd from being available on the Ride menu, where it makes no sense at all. Until they fix that, this is your workaround for the problem

1 Like

Having the same issue. Tried Eirikurā€™s fix and that isnā€™t working. Still instantly brings Stryd up before we can do anything.

Same issue. Tried all the work around. But sometimes none of them work and appletv reconnects to Stryd automatically.
Set up bike is Bluetooth connect to cable for power from vector2 pedals and 2nd connection to kickr. I can normally disconnect stryd by going to run and disconnecting then back to ride and connect cable. But stryd will still reconnect kicking my kickr off Zwift reads power from cable but then doesnā€™t control kickr
Help

Same problem. When I disconnect the Stryd in Run mode and try to select a power source in Ride afterwards, my Apple TV 4K says it lost all bluetooth connection and ask me to use the bluetooth from my phone instead. If my Stryd is in the house, itā€™s a real pain getting Zwift to connect to another power source.

@MarcAndre_Doucet read my fix / workaround in this thread

Thanks buddy, ride on!

I have the same conflict between Stryd and my Garmin Vector 3S

@Mike_McCarthy1 Could you guys please stop acknowledging Stryd as a Power source for Riding @Zwift ā€¦ it doesnā€™t make any sense, since itā€™s for running-only. This thread is from October 2018 and this issue have never been fixed. Should be very easy to fix!

That would simple get rid of this problem once and for all. There are numerous people complaining about this same problem again and again, is somebody from @Zwift @Jon actually reading this thread??

As I asked previously, in this thread without any answer from Zwift, @Wes

Can you please just stop listing up the Stryd under power-source when youā€™re on the ā€œRideā€ menu ā€¦
Stryd should simply never be avilable when youā€™re riding the bike ā€¦ simple as that.

You should be able to detect the stryd by itā€™s unique bluetooth id, and just not list it up for the ā€œRideā€ part of Zwift. Please confirm this Zwift and fix the issue once and for all, you see A LOT of people complaining about this issue, which should be so easy to fix if you just put a little effort into it @Josie.L

2 Likes

There are a few other threads in the Zwift Forums regarding this exact issue.
It is not just for Stryd or Milestone foot pods, but also the NPE Runn device as well.
When I used the Milestone foot pod, I would take the battery out of the pod if I wanted to ride. If I wanted to run, I simply unplugged the KICKR.
Since you cannot power off the Runn, my solution was to purchase a Faraday box on eBay to put the Runn inside of, and then I can pair the KICKR without issue.

As I alway use my PC for Zwift I had not heard of this issue until recently. So I tried my best to recreate it. I can get the flicking screen bug, but thatā€™s a simple fix. I cannot seem to recreate the ā€˜locked in Stryd Power Meterā€™ bug. If I try to connect more than two Bluetooth devices I get the option to use the Zwift Comapnion App instead and I select ā€˜YESā€™. Then I can pair as many devices as I want. To cure the flicker bug I simply swipe the Zwift app off in Apple TV and restart. Obviously guys make sure you have the latest version of Zwift on Apple TV and the very latest tvOS. Make sure you have ZCA open and connected to your network. See if thereā€™s anything in this video which helps. How to Run on Zwift | Pairing in Apple TV - YouTube

Iā€™ve tried the force quit of the Zwift app on AppleTV also, and it still would want to connect to the Milestone pod or NPE Runn. It wouldnā€™t connect as power, obviously, but it was tying up something and would not let me ā€œforgetā€ it.
Thatā€™s why I bought a Faraday box to put the Runn in whenever I would change from running to biking on Zwift.

Do you use the Zwift Companion app? Do you ever get the message to use itā€¦as in my video?

I do use the CA. The option to pair through the CA would not show up. I was experiencing was the neverending ā€œflickeringā€ as you call it, even after force-quitting Zwift.
My solution of the Faraday box works for me. Thatā€™s good enough.