Computrainer not connecting to mac

I am having issue connecting my computrainer to my imac.  I have installed the new driver as per the zwift recomendations.  I have the proper chip in my head unit, but it still doesn’t show up in the search.  Any suggestions?  

Hi Syd, with your computrainer plugged into your computer, can you run “terminal” (just type it in from launcher) and then when the prompt opens up type: ls /dev/cu.*  and hit enter?   It’ll print out just a few things, and that may help us figure out if your mac is recognizing the computrainer at all.

Jon

Thanks

Copied that in and got his in return

/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port

Oh, should also mention that the mac “sees” the computrainer.  It just seems that zwift is not able to connect to it.

Syd, how do you mean the mac sees the computrainer?  What makes you say that?

If you only got that one /dev/cu.* device that you listed it seems like maybe the USB driver isn’t installed.  In step 1 here we link to both the windows and mac versions of the driver https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/204002479–Setting-up-a-Computrainer

Can you give that a try?

If I go into system information and click on the usb section it shows up as connected to the mac.  I’ve downloaded the driver you have on the site here already. I believe it is installed. 

Nothing has changed.  I installed it. Still having the same issue. Not sure of it is possible to install it wrong?

Syd, is your usb connector lighting up when you plug it in? Normally the USB plugs from computrainer have a few led’s in them that light up when you plug it in.   Until the “ls /dev/cu.*” command shows additional devices the computrainer has no hope of being recognized as OSX isn’t even finding the USB serial port that the computrainer communicates over.

Can you post a picture of the adapter you are using?  Have you tried any other application to verify it works in those?

Ok. It is the type 6 adapter.  It works just fine on my pc.  I have not used it in others apps. Which would u suggest? I don’t want to bother setting up windows on it to run computrainer software if I can help it.  

Tanks

Hey. I got it figures out. I needed a different driver. The one at the following link.  Works fine (seemingly) now. Will not work with el capitan though. 

https://www.mac-usb-serial.com/

Thanks for your help 

Syd

Hey. I got it figures out. I needed a different driver. The one at the following link.  Works fine (seemingly) now. Will not work with el capitan though. 

https://www.mac-usb-serial.com/

Thanks for your help 

Syd

I am having similar problem, Zwift will not recognize my computrainer.  I am on a mac on OS X 10.9.  I have an FTDI USB to stereo adapter (TTL-232R-5V-AJ) and I downloaded/installed latest driver per guidance on these support pages.  The adapter appears to be recognized by my mac (when I issue the ls /dev/cu.* command I get 3 items, one of which is /dev/cu.usbserial-FTGEFSHG and the last 8 characters are the adapter serial number).  I’ve tried a dozen times to get zwift to recognize, but no luck.  My computrainer is running version 45.43.  Getting ready to send the adapter back for refund and give up on this endeavor.