Computrainer and IOS

First of all, you guys are doing a great job with the software! I really like the platform and how it has helped to motivate me to ride more than I would have otherwise, helping me to increase fitness and get back in shape. Job well done.

With that said, I currently use a computrainer with zwift, which is fine, but it’s a hassle having to lug the laptop around every time I want to ride. It would be so much cleaner if you were able to develop a piece of software that could run on a raspberry pi (or similar), akin to what kinomap has done, that would make the computrainer appear as a Bluetooth smart / LE device. That way, I could run zwift on my iPhone, which I always have with me anyway for music, put zwift on a big screen via hdmi cable, and still use my computrainer setup.

I know that buying a more modern trainer would allow me to run this same setup, but that would mean big $$, whereas a little “Bluetooth box” would (I think) be way more affordable.

So from myself, and all the other computrainer users out there, please give this idea some consideration! I know I’m not the only one that would be interested in this.

Moving to the Feature Requests forum.

I’m not a developer, so I can’t comment on the technical feasibility of this, but I don’t think it’s very likely. If Computrainer was still an actively produced trainer, it might be different, but Racermate closed their doors earlier this year, from what I understand, and Zwift development tends to look forward, not backwards.

While I’m personally a fan of the Computrainer, it may be time for you to look at other trainers if you want to use it with your iOS device.

I’m trying a work around bystreaming from PC to iPad or iPhone with KinoConsole