Companion app toggles to events list

When using companion app on iPhone, when I tap list of zwifters nearby to give a “ride on”, the app switches spontaneously back to the “events” screen. And then magically if I don’t select a race event it switches back to the map. No rhyme or reason. Can I make it stay on one screen? Do you have a tutorial video in case I am just not aware of all the buttons/options with respect to the app being stable and usable? Cause it is not at present.

Hi Franklin,

I can see this is the first time you’ve posted here on the Zwift Forums, so welcome to the community!

Until your post, I’d not yet heard of an issue where the ZC app arbitrarily jumps between various menus. I recommend double-checking the app store and if your app needs an update, go ahead and update it to the most current version. If that doesn’t help, try deleting the Companion app, and then install a fresh copy from the App store.

If you’re still having troubles, please submit a support request if you haven’t already done so, and a Zwift team member will be happy to take a closer look at this matter.

If you go that route for support, it would be super helpful if you could record a brief video of the issue, showing how the menu screens will change unexpectedly. You can attach the video to your message. If we determine that it’s a game bug or issue, those kinds of videos can help in our efforts to reproduce the problem and create a solution. We appreciate your help!

Hi Steven I am having the same issues as above and also issues of connection of my tickr through the companion app. I am using Apple TV and have just posted a longer request on a separate thread thanks Simon

Hi Simon,

Since you’re also having the same trouble and a few other issues in Zwift, it sounds like this could possibly be a game bug or issue, and it merits further investigation. As I suggested to Franklin, I also recommend that you please submit a support request if you haven’t already done so, which will allow our support team to investigate this matter more thoroughly.