Coast down calibration with Cycleops M2

I can’t get my coast down calibration to work. It never goes to zero.

I have a Cyclops Magnus and had the same issue - according to Zwift it is a bug with the Cyclop smart trainers. The workaround is you have to use the “Rouvy” app to perform your spindown calibration not zwift, which is annoying but worked for me.

I got it to complete once on my m2. Using the Rouvy app for now.

Thanks for the input, that is my plan of attack. You would think Cycleops would have its own app

1 Like

Installed Rouvy and was able to calibrate. Cyclops needs to come up with it’s own calibration software if you can’t use Zwift.

I thought rouvy was cycleops’ app. My powertap hub user manual referenced rouvy for setup diagnostics.

it has information about using either Rouvy or Zwift, but Zwift calibration doesn’t work.

Well, it’s a bit silly to use a second app from a different company. How often should we recalibrate? Also I have the m2 and it obviously doesn’t work either, is there a fix on the way?

Same here. Unable to calibrate, but it seems if wheel circumference is manually input to correct circumference and wheel is set to the point of not slipping, but not super tight, then it should not need calibration??

Ours is consistently off. Any sort climb in Zwift means it clamps down even tho the watts don’t really go up. Tried Rovey and Zwift for calibration neither has done the trick of fixing it. Feels like cyclops sold something that was not really ready for market.

Oh dang I haven’t even felt mine change resistance yet. I was waiting for my ant+ sensor for my computer. Looks like I may have to return it if it does what you’re saying on windows os.

I bought the Hammer H2 several weeks ago, using it with laptop running Windows 7 with ANT+ dongle and it’s running fine with ZWIFT. I read there were some issues with firmware and Cycleops pulled it back in Nov time frame. Make sure you are running latest firmware for the H2 (mine is current and working great). You can only do this via bluetooth on the Rouvy app, I used my Samsung phone to check the firmware version (option to update if not latest). Once you are there, you might as well do a calibration. I read that there are also “hot” calibrations but I just warm up on the trainer and then I do the calibration, this is equivalent since the chain, crankset, cassette, H2 is nice and warm/hot. Best of luck, you’re enjoy the H2.

Well - I guess I better get on this thread… for my new CycleOps M2.
I am going to try the Rouvy Android App and see if I can calibrate.

Very disappointed Zwift and CycleOps have not resolved this. I too just purchased the H2 and after an hour of setup and learning how to use Zwift, I was immediately made aware of the calibration problem which means you cannot spin down below 2mph, causing timeout errors. This problem cost me another hour of research which removed some of the enjoyment I was expecting from my new toy. You would think for $1000 trainer and a $15 per month Zwift app that this would be resolved already. From what I can see CycleOps hasn’t released any firmware in a year, Zwift seems to have given up on this topic. Needless to say, I use Rouvy and everything seems ok. But still…STOP THE FINGER POINTING, PICK UP THE PHONE AND START A CONF CALL AND WORK THE PROBLEM. I have been doing I.T. for 20 years and we tech companies do this all the time. We work together, and fix this problems, so our customers don’t suffer. It’s a WIN-WIN for everyone.

4 Likes