Chromecast integration

(Niels Commandeur) #1

I have started using Zwift on Android on my Google Pixel 2 and it works very smooth so far!
My biggest complain at this moment is that I can’t cast to Chromecast from the Zwift app itself.
What I currently do: mirror my phone screen to a monitor via Chromecast. However, this way I cannot use the Zwift Companion app or other apps simultaneously.

IMO this would be a great addition.

Besides that, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

(Vincent W.) #2

Thanks for the feature suggestion! Yes Chromecast is not officially supported but the Android Beta is still young, the future holds many surprises :wink:

(Leon Evans[Cardiff Ajax]) #3

+1 for this feature!

(Rafael Roijackers) #4

Does someone have experience with Chromecast? Does it mirror well or do you have delay on the screen?

(Peter Castrop) #5

I use Chromecast and there is no delay. The quality on the big screen is not great (especially the New York course), but I think that is because of the limitations of my Samsung A8.

(Rafael Roijackers) #6

Thank you for your reply. I have an samsung Galaxy s7 edge, so I think that it must work also. Which Chromecast edition do you have? 2015, 2018 or the ultra edition?

(Drew Smith) #7

I mirrored from a pixel 2 and it worked well. Graphics looked pretty good.

(Rafael Roijackers) #8

Do you have the normal Chromecast or the ultra edition?

(Laurent T) #9

Ok for me with classic chromecast and galaxy s7

(Rafael Roijackers) #10

Thank you. Thats bettter than buying an Appl TV device. Hopefullyy they’ll fix the problems with kinetic and then I can buy one.

(Peter Castrop) #11

I use the Chromecast 2015 (model NC2 6A5)

(. Tommo..) #12

Full chromecast ingratiation would be great! At the moment i do screen mirror using my phone but fine it jumpy too!
Is there a suggested way of getting the full tv screen experience? Im assuming a usb C to HDMI cable is probably going to get the best results at the minute…

(Keir Stiegler) #13

Another voice requesting native Chromecast support! Mirroring my phone screen via the Android system cast function is one thing, but native support would be great!

(L-uke Toms) #14

I would just like to try the Beta but it’s no longer available for download on Android to test.

(Steve Hawkins *USMES*) #15

My wife just tried the Zwift app with wireless mirroring to a Vizio D-series with built in Chromecast support using a Note 8. It worked great over the hour or so ride, with only an occasional skipping.

(. Tommo..) #16

Would be interesting to hear if this was actually something that was going to happen because at the moment I’m a bit fed up with watching this on my S8 (still a good experience) when i have a 32inch TV sat right next to it!
I’m half considering an Apple TV (can’t justify the cost to my Mrs) just so that I can have that BIG TV experience but don’t want to spend that £150 if Chrome-cast is on the radar in the near future?
I know people on here have a decent expereince by mirroring their phones but i get lots of jumping and cut outs doing it that way. :disappointed_relieved: So have to keep reverting back to the phone screen!

(Maikel Maliepaard) #17

Buy USB-C to HDMI cable to connect to TV. Galaxy S8 supports this. I bought this cable:

Sadly my Oneplus 5 doesn’t support this because it has USB-C 2.0, you need phone with USB-C 3.1

(Keith Thomson) #18

+2 for this feature

(Travis Weber) #19

I would also like this please.