Can't get Zwift to run with AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Graphics Card

I have been running zwift from my phone for more than 4 years. Finally moved my bike into the same room as my high spec PC. Zwift doesn’t want to run with my AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card, for some reason.

Have tried to uninstall/reinstall the latest drivers, to no avail. Error message is: “Zwift requires OpenGL 3.1 or higher to run. Don’t worry though, your computer probably supports it, you may just need to upgrade your graphics drivers.”

Any thoughts?

AMD drivers are notorious for reporting the wrong open-gl version to apps, especially if you have any kind of hybrid graphics setup.

Uninstall all graphics drivers until all you have left is the Microsoft basic adaptor then reinstall the Radeon driver.

Check this…

So I solved the problem in the most embarrassing way ever, but I better post it here for anyone else who might come across this issue. Oftentimes the solution is the simplest fix. I messed around for two hours with deleting drivers, submitting tickets and trolling forums. Then I decided to look at the hardware. When I unplugged my computer setup to rearrange it for Zwift, I wasn’t paying attention and plugged my HDMI cable directly into the default slot rather than into the GPU. Moved the cable to the graphics card and had no trouble whatsoever. Work smarter, not harder folks.

8 Likes

Well that’s totally not an obvious thing but sometimes that’s how it is. :slight_smile: