Bluetooth devices connect, but No Signal [January 2022] [Windows11]

Does Zwift has any interest of fixing this bug?
It is totally frustrating to wait since november 21 for a fix ^^

2 Likes

Markus -
I’m seeing this as well. Myrun connects but then indicates “no signal”. Same with my Polar H9 HRM. This is on a PC Win11.

I’m running Win10. Kickr Core reliably pairs and stays connected via bluetooth direct to the PC. Though I notice if spinning at very low power the avatar just stops and unclips. Also the cadence on screen at low speeds is way off. But the main problem is my Tickr will pair ok at first but then very often drops out to no signal shortly into a ride and i can’t get it back. Invariably this is when I need this data and it makes the ride less useful. Maddening

Since some days ago, my computer (macOS) connects paired devices with bluetooth, but immediately after the signal is lost, a message “no signal” appear. This is happening for all devices: HRM and Kicker Bike.

I solved my pairing problem by using ZCA and selecting it for bluetooth instead of “Internal” when pairing the Myrun treadmill to Zwift running on a PC Win11.

yes, tell me if you need help win 10 / direto xr / bluetooth.

Another 2 users here with Zwift no longer reporting HRM correctly from Wahoo Tickr. Other devices (Kickr v5 and Cadence) seem to still connect ok, but the initial connect time is very slow compared to how it used to be before W11 upgrade.

Just bought my TacX 2 last week. So far have only got the machine to connect to Zwift twice. Was only able to complete one of them before I lost my connection. Although I didn’t have the “Controller” connected as I was unaware what that even meant at the time. I have spent multiple hours online finding and trying fixes that are not working. My 7 day free trial will be over on the 18th and I haven’t been able to get a single ride in at this point. When on the connections screen it shows that I am connected to everything. When I click start and try to actually ride it says connection lost. I am using windows 11 which came with the computer(bought in December 2021) and using the built in onboard Bluetooth. I have updated every firmware, patch, and driver known to man at this point. I have deleted all Bluetooth devices off the computer and shut off my phone and other peripherals to try and connect to remove that potential issue. Currently I have been able to connect to and get a 1 hour ride in on TacX app with out a single hitch. After the ride I shut down that app and tried to connect to Zwift and got a big middle finger. Computer is a Asus ROG G15 desktop with AMD Ryzen 7 3500, Geforce RTX 3060 with 32gb 3600mhz Corsair Vengance RAM. I like what I see of Zwift and would like to give it a fair try so any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I feel your pain, my laptop insisted on updating to Win 11 by itself one night, breaking Zwift Bluetooth connection - try using the Companion app on your phone and connecting through the companion app, that is what I am doing and it works well. There is an article on using the companion app as a Bluetooth bridge on the Zwift FAQ, I would post a link, but the forum won’t let links get posted.

Windows wouldn’t just upgrade the entire operating system by itself with no user input.

1 Like

Just posting here to throw my experience into the mix. Just bought a new Zwifting PC… Windows 11. Same Bluetooth connection issues many have already described in this thread. It LOOKS like it connects just fine, but within a few seconds of hopping into the game I see a “connection failure” message.

This is with my Kickr V5. Oddly enough, yesterday Boone went for his first ride here on the new computer with his Kickr bike. It connected just fine. What the heck?

Going to test to see if that was a fluke or not. But for now I guess I’m using Companion to connect, since I don’t trust ANT+ in my environment (too many drops - I assume from neighbors’ wifi).

Hope Zwift can fix this ASAP.

2 Likes

I’m having issues aswell, mostly with my wahoo tickr x if i have to have a toilet break, hr strap looses connection and never recovers.
Bluetooth is really hit and miss, even when the reciever is 1m away from me when zwifting with nothing inbetween.

Has this issue been solved yet? I’m having a super hard time connecting my Garmin Vector 3 pedals to my windows 11 PC via bluetooth, which wasn’t happening before the upgrade to Win11 (all good when using an ANT+ dongle, they also work fine when connected via bluetooth to my other PC which has windows 10).

I am actually able to connect them as power meter (after a few tries), but then I don’t get any cadence or heart rate data (although I also connected them as cadence sensor + I also connected my hr monitor)

I continue to have BT No Signal issues with my Tickr HR monitor on an Apple TV 4K (1st gen). Last night I fired everything up and my trainer connected instantly but the Tickr connected with “No Signal”. Went through the usual of disabling BT on my phone, pulling the battery from the Tickr, etc. and nothing worked. As usual I had to uninstall/reinstall the Zwift app and re-pair the Tickr and my trainer which usually works but this time the Tickr still showed No Signal. Ironically when I go through pairing the Tickr shows green full bars of signal while my trainer shows red with 2 bars of signal yet the Tickr is the one I have issues with…

There’s an issue in the Microsoft BLE stack for Windows 11 that doesn’t just impact Zwift hardware, but MIDI controllers and other type of hardware which connects and then disconnects immediately. The Microsoft community is chatting about it, but Microsoft is useless and clueless … as usual. It’s never a bug with Microsoft - it’s a “feature”.

Bluetooth BLE doesn’t work properly on Windows 11 - Microsoft Community

I don’t know if there are any development-side workarounds, but I would love to have Bluetooth work properly on my KICKR bike. ANT+ cannot be trusted. I get occasional dropouts on it (not too common, but common enough that I do not trust myself to sweep rides that are at higher paces, which I would otherwise sweep.)

Plus… steering.

To get steering, what I end up doing is pair ANT+ by first pairing Bluetooth controllable, then go back and pair ANT+ for power and cadence… annoying, but it works.

I have Direto X trainer communicating with Zwift without issues on Windows 11, but Garmin HRM Pro on the same session gets disconnected. That is really strange for me.

What I did tried yesterday was pairing smart trainer and HRM in windows bluetooth settings first.
Then I have opened Zwift and once Zwift automatically detected accesories, there was the same issue with HRM showing zero bpms.

What I did, I unpaired all devices in Zwift and paired again, but starting from the problematic one (HRM Pro). Once it was connected I paired the smart trainer and unexpectedly everything worked after swithing to Ride screen.

I wonder if this will be still working again or procedure must be repeated.

Ditto
Tacx Neo2, and Garmin Dual HRM, Win11, most recent ver of Zwift as we just uninstalled and reinstalled to try to troubleshoot.

We do have a cumbersome workaround. If we connect to the tacx with the GARMIN Tacx app in my phone via bluetooth, then disconnect and activate zwift, zwift does gets a connection and a signal much more reliably. Yeah, doesn’t make sense, but really grasping for straws here.

ANT+ Have a dongle with an extension. Checked, rechecked for interferences. Actually put my laptop right next to trainer, dropouts occur reliably, so reliably that it makes ANT+ worthless to ride with. Zwiftalizer pretty much tells me what I know, signal lost. Tried different dongle, no extension, etc… no joy Super frustrating as I am an ANT+ fan.

Interestingly enough, the Garmin Tacx app both on my phone and on my desktop connect to the Tacx and HRM super reliably via bluetooth.

I’m having the same Bluetooth Connection (drop) issue using 2 different (new) laptops (ASUS and HP) running Windows 11. HELP!!!
Thxxx

Interesting that your KICKR bike doesn’t work. Over here on the new Zwift Insider Pain Lab Zwifting PC (Win11), the KICKR bike connects perfectly through BLE every time. But the KICKR does not - it disconnects once you drop in game, as described by various people on this thread.

I wonder what the difference is between the two, and why it works for me but not for you? Is your KICKR bike firmware up to date?

1 Like

v1.2.5 (Latest).