Bluetooth devices connect, but No Signal [January 2022] [Windows11]

Same issue with Tacx Neo Bike. ERG does not work properly, also freeride. When I change gear and push, seconds later Watts go back like I am on ERG Mode. My girlfriend cant hit high targets in trainings. very frustrating. In tacx app everythings seems fine.

Want to throw my name into the mix as well, almost the same exact bluetooth issues as many have had here. For the longest time I never made the connection to Windows 11, and then I tried to connect my trainer (a Tacx smartbike) to a Windows 10 machine and it immediately started working. Before that point I had tested it on 3 different laptops and a desktop PC (all running Windows 11) to no avail. Interestingly enough, the bluetooth on all of those machines with the trainer works absolutely fine with the Tacx app, in RGT, Rouvy, etc. The ONLY problem is with Zwift, which is really disappointing. I have a support ticket open and I’ve been “escalated” but after reading through this thread, I am not hopeful :frowning:

Add me to the list of frustrated Zwifters! I have a Tacx Neo 2 which is up-to-date on its firmware and have spent hours with my Windows 11 laptop settings, updates, and drivers to ensure they’re working correctly and are up-to-date. My computer Bluetooth works with all my other devices (mouse, headphones, speakers, phone, etc.), but when I connect my Power, Cadence, and Controllable from trainer to Zwift, I receive a “No Signal” message almost immediately. It’s almost like it connects then drops. I have an identical problem with my Tickr HR monitor. I’ve tested my trainer with the Zwift Mobile App, and currently, that is the only way I can Zwift, on a 5" screen.

Ok, I went and bought an ANT dongle and have been using that, with only occasional issues, but today,27Km into a 32km ride, it dropped completely and would not reconnect. I tried firing up the companion app on the phone, but that did not help. I have officially decided to cancel my Zwift subscription. I see no evidence of Zwift working with any of the users on the forum to try and isolate the issue.

That’s unfortunate, the issue actually does originate with Windows 11 and not with Zwift.

I don’t know if there can be a workaround to this but again, it’s not just smart fitness devices that have the impact. Other things such as MIDI sequencers and other Low Energy connected devices have this problem in Windows 11 as well.

Overwhelmingly, it appears that it is a security handshake or standby issue on Windows 11 perhaps with certain computer chipsets or combinations of connected Bluetooth appliances.

Other application usage will not fix this behavior. You’ll find this consistent performance within a computer/device combination regardless the platform.

While not ideal, I suggest always having two methods to connect Smart Fitness appliances to computers. This way, no matter what software patch is implemented at the Operating System or application or driver level, there’s always a fallback connectivity method.

It is frustrating, sure. The KICKR Bike RF interference performance is better with Bluetooth Low Energy, but when it comes down to it - keeping the most reliable connection is most important.

Zwift has worked hard to develop so many connectivity options to help alleviate concerns with keeping appliances connected to the ZwiftApp.

Due diligence in using Companion can alleviate the issue while this is resolved; Bluetooth performance with functional mobile devices tends to be most reliable, as long as the application performance is stable.

Just to confirm, reverting back to Windows 10 completely resolved the issue for me, my smart bike now works completely fine with bluetooth. It also worked with Windows 11 using an Ant+ device, but the data/communication with Zwift was sluggish and jerky (even with a dedicated antenna). It seems that Windows 11 and Zwift do not currently play well together. Interestingly, Zwift still appears to work mostly fine for my wife’s Tacx Neo2T trainer with her Windows 11 laptop. Very strange behavior indeed :person_shrugging:

Same issue here. I bought a new computer with Windows 11. It connects quickly to my Wahoo Kickr Snap and Tickr, but tells me no signal. I reconnected my old computer with Windows 10 and was able to get my ride in. Also used my Samsung phone and was able to connect and get a signal.
I am using launch version 1.1.1 and game version 1.23.3 (100641) on my new computer.

Same issue here, upgrade to win 11 and bluetooth stops working. Shows a bluetooth device with full signal, but within 5 seconds of connecting says ‘no signal’.

Note that BT is working on the same desktop, same win 11, same Neo trainer for Tacx Training and Trainerroad apps. So it appears to be a zwift issue.

Zwift version=“1.0.100641” sversion=“1.23.3 (100641)” gbranch=“build/100641-rc-1.23.3.2-1.23.3” gcommit=“0dc17a4ad42876266dac1680ecc491fb92790389”

Updated to Windows 11 about 2 months back. Initially I managed to connect my Tacx Neo to Zwift but after the reason update I’m unable to connect via Bluetooth.

Tried uninstalling zwift then manage to connect but after I shutdown laptop and restart again I’m unable to connect to zwift anymore.

I managed to link my zwift to my tablet/mobile without any issue.

How can i get my laptop to connect to zwift?

A followup, I reached out to the support team about 7 weeks ago, they responded saying they were aware of an issue with Windows 11, the team was not able to provide a resolution date. Until this day, the issue still persists. I have an ANT+ connector but I get too much interference where I live, and I get constant dropouts. I believe the only fix right now is reverting to Windows 10. Not very happy how this is being handled by Zwift.

I am trying with a Surface Pro 7 with Windows 10 and Kinetic trainer. Even bought the ANT+. Still no connection. I rode ONE time all winter. What a waste of money.

1 Like

Zwift SG

Just wondering if anyone is getting this message? BT is connected Tacx Neo 2 and HRM but as soon as a ride is selected this pops up?

Yes, this is what we’ve all been dealing with.

You have 3 options:

1. Buy an ANT+ dongle
  2. Use Companion App bridge
  3. Buy the Wahoo Kickr Direct Connect if you have a Wahoo trainer

Since in my experience, option 1 and 2 are sub-optimal (drop-outs, laggy) and option 3 finally became available last week, I went for it. Because Zwift has been unresponsive on this issue for 6 months, I have little faith they’ll fix it any time soon.
I’m a little miffed that I needed to spend another $100 to have a reliable solution, and need to plug in another cable, but that’s what it’s come to for me.

BT HRM however has been rock solid.

If all of Bluetooth, ANT+ and CA bridging are poor, that suggests you have a fairly major wireless environment problem, or an issue with your trainer. Neither are really Zwift’s fault. I have no issues with ANT+, using the same £12 USB dongle I bought years ago, plugged directly into the PC (no extension cable). Sometimes people have to just try everything and see what works best. Hopefully Direct Connect will sort it for you. :+1:

Matthew,

Funnily enough just orders an ANT+ to try, managed to get connection through the companion app… but yes it has dropped out quite a lot in the past.

Use a Tacx Neo so hopefully the ANT+ sorts the issue out.

Sure, I can always go around and have all 50 of my neighbors shut down their WIFI so I can have a drop-free Zwift experience with ANT+. The reality is that ANT+ is not a great experience for most people living in an urban dwelling.

But how is that Zwift’s fault? Your circumstances are such that wireless isn’t suitable. That’s just the way it is.

I don’t see how your comments are relevant to this thread.

Fair enough.

Any update from Zwift here. I thought this was just my trainer, but tried my HR strap via BT and it wasn’t working.
All working on Win 10 and Android, only impacts Win 11. I have all drivers, etc updated to the latest, it only happens with zwift doesn’ t happen with Trainerroad, RGT, SYSTM, etc.