Best Foot Pod for Zwift Run?

(L EETHOL 🐝) #1

Hi. I use a milestone foot pod on Zwift run but regardless of how many times I calibrate it the speed and distance is out of sync, this can be 10% out on average.
I’ve found that syncing at higher speeds seems to get the most accurate calibration but is only of use when running in those zones.
Should I invest in a Stryd foot pod to get a better experience?, I missed the recent promotional offer for $99 and the current $199 cost is difficult to swallow. Are they any better?
To give you an idea of how inaccurate the milestone is to Zwift I’m only running 4.4km whereas recording 5km on Zwift.

(Daren Chandisingh [Vision]) #2

Zwift bought Milestone, so I’d expect them to be working on making it as accurate as possible when used with the platform. Maybe there will be a firmware update to help with this at some point.

Have you tried the suggestions in this video?

(Vincent W.) #3

Correct you are Daren, and the tips in that video should help. :slight_smile:

(Mike Gong Fullerton Bikes) #4

I find calibrating it at higher speeds helps. Been consistent with all my other devices

(L EETHOL 🐝) #5

Thanks Mike. I agree, would if be just the same with the Stryd then do you know?

(L EETHOL 🐝) #6

I’ll give that a go, I’ll have to calibrate out on the road using GPS but should give accurate data. Now I’m aware of that I’ll be keeping the $199 in my bank. More likely the it will end up till of a bike shop :bike::running_man:‍♂️:dollar: :+1:
Thanks for the information.

(Steve Copeland) #7

I have a Stryd and milestone and their is little to chose between them. You have to calibrate the milestone in its own app not Zwift and it works fine. I have done thousands of km without problem. My speed is usually within .1kmh.

(Eiki Egilz) #8

Hi L EETHOL,

I bought Stryd and it is perfect with my treadmill. Was a bit off when I unboxed it, but as soon as I calibrated it at 13 km/h for 60 seconds, it’s absolutely spot on for my treadmill. Highly recommended.