Footpods that work?

Got a Zwiftpod, but after three runs it’s going back. When it isn’t cutting out it’s horribly inaccurate.

Any other options known to work?

Stryd or Stryd Live are very good, another good option is TreadTracker: https://store.runsocial.com/products/treadtracker

I have the full version of Stryd and have no issues.

Hi Michael,

Apparently they are releasing a patch to fix this later this week so maybe hold out and see what that brings.

Have to agree my experience so far with the pod is complete rubbish, drops out constantly, and unable to complete a calibration. Plus the calibration routine is terrible having no options other than to do the 5 steps to calibrate and it wanting to have nothing to do with calibration at lower speeds means for me just trying to get back into fitness after 5 years of Cancer is impossible running at 10+ kph for that length of time. Plus it then drops out anyway and fails, 9 times i have tried today to do a simple calibration and it just won’t.

Just to give my experience over the past six weeks or so:

So I bought the milestone pod like RIGHT before zwift rebranded it to their own.

When they did the app update a few weeks ago, it went from being really on point with the treadmill I calibrate on to just being all over the place. After a few tries, I finally stopped even messing with it.

But then about two weeks ago it just fixed itself. I didnt change anything, didnt change shoes, didnt change the way I do incline. It stays within .1/.2 mph of what Im doing even if it takes a few seconds to notice the change. But my ending mileage is almost exactly what my dumb treadmill reads at the end of the run.

The only thing I can think of is there was an iPhone update…I strictly run using my iphone hooked up to a monitor downstairs, and strictly ride using my computer upstairs, so I havent been able to test it on any other system. Maybe the bluetooth was really bad before the update and now its good. I dont know. : / I just know its accurate (in my case).

I have two weeks before I have to send mine back to Amazon so I gave it another go today. At “reasonable” pace they’re perfectly accurate. As soon as I crank it to 9.5 or more, it’s worthless. If you’re jogging around I think the Zwiftpods could be a great product for you. If you want to do anything high speed, you need to look elsewhere.

My research keeps pointing at Stryd being the answer, but I don’t care to Zwift Run enough to drop $199.

Michael, do you happen to have the Milestone app? If not can you download that, sync your Zwiftpod to it, then try pairing your Zwiftpods again?

Yes, and I’ve done that. Was there an update to the firmware in the past week?