Zwift RunPod Question

Hi Guys !

I would like to buy the Zwift RunPod to trainning, but my question is: is this runpod works good ?
I will use for workouts, speed work trainings and the accurency is a little important to me and i want to show me correctly the pace and speed.
I see the some youtubers saiying that this Run Pod sensor is not indicate when you need a good accurency…

What your oppiniont about this Zwift RunPod Sensor and is them indicated for me ?

I would say is accuracy is what you are looking for than you should get either the Stryd Foot Pod or the NPE RUNN.

The Zwift Run Pod is ok when you keep a constant pace, but during intervals it fails.

1 Like

I agree. I suppose my stride is different on the treadmill versus on IRL terrain, but when calibrated to the treadmill speed, my actual speed on roads is slower than what the game seems to think based on stride count.

1 Like

Once calibrated, on the same treadmill, I found it to be precise but not accurate.

1 Like

I use the RunPod to pick up my cadence and the NPE RUNN is much better at transmitting the speed to Zwift. I found that running at the calibrated speed works great with the RunPod, but speeding up and slowing were not accurate. The NPE Runn immediately slows and speeds on the Zwift screen. Both work great for running, one seems to be better in my opinion for changes in speed.

1 Like

I have been using the RunPod for the last few months. Overall it’s ok (for that price you can’t really complain) and I find that once calibrated, it’s pretty accurate. Speeding up/slowing down is ok and I stay within 0.5km of the treadmill speed. The thing which is very annoying is that after a few runs, it seems like Zwift lost the calibration as the speed is not accurate anymore. So I have to calibrate again.
So if your treadmill is reliable, don’t bother buying a high-end device. As long as your avatar is running at a decent pace it’s enough :grin:

1 Like

Tks Guys. I guess that i will buy the stryd sensor… :slight_smile: