Be Able To Enroll In Both Running And Cycling Training Plans At The Same Time

The title says it all. Unless they make a Triathlon/Duathlon training plan, I feel we should be able to take advantage of the separate plans at the same time. At least one running plan and one cycling plan. The timing is flexiable enough for most of them to be able to juggle both. I am not asking that I sign up for two different cycling or two different running plans at the same time, instead one of each!

There are meant to be done separately and would cause too much stress and fatigue if done at the same time. I agree that Zwift needs to implement Duathlon/Triathlon training plans to the mix.

Here is a post about it from @Jordan_Rapp: Make both Run and Cycling Training Plans available at the same time - #2 by Jordan_Rapp

1 Like

This is where I personally donā€™t see the merit in a hard lock. Sure, give the advice and guidance, but if a person wants to do two training programmes in parallel, let them.

I mean, they could already do a Zwift one and a real world one. Or two real world plans. So the intention might be good, but reality means itā€™s more of an annoyance.

4 Likes

I get what you are saying, but with the answer Jordan gave it is more of a cover there rear kind of thing right now.

I do my ride and winter run training on Zwift, but without using the workouts within the app, itā€™s just more freeing and less restrictive that way. I tried using it a couple times but hated it and when back to the way itā€™s been done for years.

Man, people and litigation culture suck. Stuff like this shouldnā€™t be necessary.

Hi there,

I too would like to be able to enroll in two different plans at the same time, one for running and one for riding.

Please implement this Zwift :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Would love this option, it is what Iā€™m struggling with now. Some of the running plans allow you to set the length, would be possible to sign up for two plans, have Zwift recognize this, and cut the workouts down for each a bit (so instead of 3 biking workouts / week or whatever you get two and also two run workouts). Seems to me it wouldnā€™t be that challenging on the back endā€¦

5 Likes

I would like this as well as I am both a runner and cyclist and do duathalon events.

5 Likes

I agree and upvote this feature request.

3 Likes

I agree! I hope Zwift will add this feature!

Any word/update on this?

As a triathlete, running concurrent training plans would be a great feature. I looked at the multisport plan but itā€™s way too intense for my beginners level. Would be great to have Tri plans for Sprints or Olympic distances

1 Like

This would be great! The actual situation where I need to adjust by picking two separate ā€˜ā€˜more reasonableā€™ā€™ training plans is not ideal. A hybrid or dual Running-Riding training plan would be the best!

1 Like

I am a long distance triathlete and I easily totalize 15 to 20h training a week on both cycling and running on hard training times. Doing two training plans at the same time, even hard ones, is my bread and butter. I donā€™t think itā€™s Zwift job to assume on my stress and fatigue resistance capabilities (and if people feel too tired, they still can cancel a plan or reduce the intensity).
I donā€™t get the point of offering two activities (cycling and running) but not the possibility to train on them at the same timeā€¦
My only solution so far is to edit each workout from the ā€œbuild me upā€ cycling plan and duplicate them in my personnal workouts (because you canā€™t create personnal running workout eitherā€¦), and do them one by one (with pen and paper follow-up on which workout to do when) while following a running training plan on Zwiftā€¦ not very friendly user experience!!