Make both Run and Cycling Training Plans available at the same time

I have just started running on Zwift, and am doing the 3: 13.1 plan, however am keen to build my cycling endurance and would like to also be able to follow a cycling plan, in particular, the ‘build me up’ plan, over the winter months…

However, at the moment, it looks as though you can only do one plan at a time; could Zwift consider making it possible to do both a run and cycling plan at the same time?

Hi Rem,

The plans were really designed as single-sport training plans. From a training load perspective, they really aren’t designed to be paired up, especially not with each other. A good multisport plan takes into account training load from the other sports. But these plans aren’t designed in that way. I couldn’t in good conscience recommend that you were to do both plans simultaneously. Both plans you mention are on the more taxing end of the spectrum. Neither plan was designed for a multi-sport athlete, but should you want to incorporate some cycling, I’d recommend something on the lower intensity end of the spectrum while you’re in the midst of the 13.1 running plan.

Ride On,

Jordan
Zwift Design

2 Likes

Jordan,

thank you for the reply, and do take your point about risk of over-training… Perhaps, a tri-specific plan would be an idea for the future?

What I love most about the training plans is the scheduling and prompting, which has really helped keep me on track these last few months, where I admit to combining Zwift Academy with the run plan…

Love Zwift; thanks for all the great work that’s gone into it!

Rem

1 Like

Hi there,

Just bought a trainer and a treadmill, mainly for Zwift usage!

Thanks for your wonderfull software

I too would like to be able to enroll in two different plans at the same time, one for running and one for riding.

Please implement this Zwift :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Jordan I to would love multisport training plans and I think it may introduce people to multisport who normally wouldn’t try it !!!

1 Like

Rumor has it that multi sport training plans are in the works and coming soon.

2 Likes

Zwift are missing out on an opportunity at the moment, multisport cycle and run plans would be massive and winter is the time to incorporate it !!!

3 Likes

Another big vote for either signing up for both at the same time or implementing multisport. For example, I wanted to sign up for both the Active Offseason cycling plan and the 5K Record Breaker plans simultaneously and was surprised to see I had to cancel the cycling plan in order to sign up for the running plan.

1 Like

Can’t wait

This would be great! The actual situation where I need to adjust by picking two separate ‘‘more reasonable’’ training plans is not ideal. A hybrid or dual Running-Riding training plan would be the best!

2 Likes

Why is there a Triathlon Academy but not a multi-sport training plan, it’s just unthinkable…
Just subscribed Zwift yesterday and immediately after doing so I find out of this limitation.
Please give the end user the ability to choose if they want to or not to do a multi training plan, even if they are not linked. It’s up to the user to decide what/how is healthy or recommend to do.
If you want to build tailor plans eventually, even better.

3 Likes

There is a Zwift training plan called the Multisport Mixer that has both running and cycling. It looks pretty tough.

2 Likes

There is a Multisport mixer in the training plan section.

Thanks. It does look alright, but still I think that we need a bit more around the flexibility of multi vertical training and also the customization/inclusion of more types of trainings.

1 Like

This is an excellent question that I have been wrestling with too. The only option that I can see might be to have two separate accounts. One account for running and one account for cycling.
Otherwise, thank you for all of the functionality that we do have and hoping for some of the functionality that we would like.

1 Like

How are the multi sport plans?

How should we understand your user name?
I do not think it is funny…

I am currently doing the Multi-sport Mixer plan and am enjoying it. I do wish they had another one though. It would be cool to have one for a half-marathon distance with accompanying cycling workouts and another targeting ironman distances with cycling as well.

1 Like