Bad time data on Strava upload.

(Chris Jones) #1

Tried to upload my ride to Strava and got a bad time file error. Any ideas how to fix it? Would love to fix the data and re-upload if possible

Thanks

(Greg Gibson-Haymarket) #2

Yes, I had the same issue after riding my Thanksgiving Metric. I’ve opened a ticket with support and sent them the file.

greg

(Chris Jones) #3

I sent mine to Zwift as well. Hopefully they can fix it. I tried to use a garmin fix tool but the errors are much more diverse than the normal ones from garmin.

(Chris Jones) #4

@Greg your ride was killer today. Your KOM was quick!

(Noel Nunkovich *USMES*) #5

For Garmin Connect at least, loading the FIT file into Golden Cheetah then exporting as TCX works. My guess is there’s a really good chance the same fix would work for Strava if you guys want to get your data up sooner rather than later. Worth a try at least.

(Greg Gibson-Haymarket) #6

I was able to examine my corrupt .fit file. For a small portion at the bottom of the file there is some wildly inaccurate date/time information. Dates that jumped into the future…like Jan/Mar/Apr 2015.

I was able to fix the file using the .fit Repair Tool and upload to Strava, although Strava rounded the mileage down by 1.3 miles and seemed to lose about 4 minutes of time.

The .fit data showed 103.06km and 3:05:56 time. The Strava upload showed 100.9km and 3:00:45 time.

On TrainingPeaks the correct info from the file was recorded.

(Greg Gibson-Haymarket) #7

BTW, if any of you guys with corrupt .fit files want to email me your files I can probably fix them for you.

greg at greg gibson dot com.

greg

(Greg Gibson-Haymarket) #8

I looked at another riders corrupt .fit file tonight. About midway through the ride the timestamps were way off…there were timestamps dated 2019!

I think something is up on longer riders.

(Chris Jones) #9

Email sent, thanks Greg!