Avatar not moving despite all paired

Hi, I am new and have zwift setup on ipad. First ride was great. Now second ride, despite power meter and cadence meter connected and correctly displaying values in zwift itself, the avatar is not moving.

Though it does not seem an issue of connection I unpaired and repaired twice, changed the course but the issue is not solved.

I am deciding wether to buy subscription or not but it makes sense only if it works 99.9% of times… any help?

Thanks!

Continuing the discussion from Avatar not moving with everything paired:

My guess is you are on the Free Trial and you have exceeded the mileage allotment and that is why your avatar is not moving: https://support.zwift.com/zwift-free-trial-B1WDzRJBX

iOS/tvOS

For starters, you get 25km (about 15.5mi) to try out Zwift; this starts with your first pedal stroke. After that, select JOIN NOW to get an additional 7 days with unlimited distance. If you choose not to become a member at the end of the 7-day trial period, you can cancel before then without being charged.

2 Likes

Hi Paul_Allen, thanks, that could well be the case as my first ride was about 25km… I’ll look more into it, thanks again!

Hi,

I face the same problem recently. I didn’t change a bit on my setup, worked for years.
My avatar gets on the pedals when I pedal (Cadens is shown and Power output as well) but the clock doesn’t start and the avatar is not moving.

ZWIFT please help!

Check and see if your subscription is up to date.

That worked, thanks.

1 Like

All
I have the same issue.
New Tacx Bushido.
Using an iPad.
My sensors are connected
My Avatar won’t move and cadence and power read zero.
It all worked yesterday.

I have done the following:

• reloaded the app
  • logged out and logged back in
  • disconnected and reconnected speed / power sensor
  • turned blue tooth on and off
  • been at this for an hour.

Any suggestions?

Getting very frustrated

2 Likes

Same for me, one day it works then then next I can be 45 minutes trying to get them damn thing to work. All Bluetooth connected then says no signal. I’m at my wits end with this ruining planned training. I’m on purpose not connecting to my Garmin connect and only connecting the speed and cadence sensors to Zwift but it just doesn’t want to work and the fact that you cannot speak to anyone from Zwift is crap customer service

1 Like

Hi @Rob_Osborne, welcome to the forums. Sorry you are having trouble. Can you tell us more about your setup, what trainer, device running Zwift, etc…

1 Like

Hi Mike,

Eventually worked after 50 mins of fiddling but my set up is as follows;
iPhone 12
Garmin speed and cadence sensors
Tacx booster

Many thanks

Rob

Could be some signal interference causing the issues from the speed sensor to the phone. Maybe a fan is too close, or other devices causing signal loss?

Drop a log file into www.zwiftalizer.com and you might be able to see if you are having signal issues.

How to find a log file on an iPhone:

Hey, I have the same issue. My subscription was updated and the avatar did not move. Of course Ive cancelled the subscription because of this problema. Im trying now (I havent done more than 25 Km in the trial version) but still doesnt work. Can you help me?

hi were you able to fix the problem. I have the same issue and zwift people just doesnt exist.

Please list all your system specs, trainer, devices, connections, etc… the more detail the better. What is the exact problem you are having?

2 Likes

Hi

Tacx Vortex 30610 129

The problem Im having is that my avatar doesnt move. Tacx recognizes all devices but doesnt move.

Do you get any watts reading when in the pairing screen? Your screenshot has zeros for power and cadence, does it read anything if you pedal while pairing the trainer? If not, what about in the Tacx app? Can you calibrate the trainer, or update firmware maybe?

1 Like

it doesnt read anything but the Heart rate.
I havent tried in the tacx app, neither calibrated it lately or updated. I will try although I dont think tht is the problem cause firmware is updated. :frowning:

If you don’t see Watts in the Tacx app, then you can contact Garmin for support.

If you do see Watts in the Tacx app, then the trainer is probably OK. In Zwift you can also try pairing the trainer via the Companion app if you are currently pairing directly to Zwift.