Auto-sync to SportTracks.mobi

To resume the request which had a lot of upvotes on the old support platform.

It would be very nice to have the hability to automaticaly sync our Zwift activities to https://sporttracks.mobi/ instead of having to upload them manually or use Strava combined with Tapiriik.

Update : the old thread has been archived, that’s why the knew one.

According to Zone Five Software (SportTracks editor), they can’t do anything on their side if Zwift doesn’t give them necessary things.

I hope Zwift will finally incorporate this feature as lot of athletes use SportTracks. With so many paying customers they are negligent to the community to spend one day implementing this feature… don’t get the attitude.

1 Like

I think this question should be asked to Sporttracks, it look like they don’t even support strava connection.

It look like sporttracks is limiting what can connect and it may be that they dont have a open API.

Don’t get me wrong I am a long supporter of Sporttracks I still use the desktop version.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I am not sure but I saw a response from SportTracks that they already approached Zwift and it’s Zwift turn to make this happen. Might be they do not use open API - but I am just guessing.

Regarding Strava I do not mind as they are more similar platforms. I do not record anything with SportTracks so there is nothing to upload there.

1 Like

I was referring to transferring from Strava to Sporttracks.

1 Like

I’ve added some links in the first post.

SportTracks already answered regarding this feature. They need something from Zwift. So if Zwift users ask for that, maybe they will…

ST do have an API : SportTracks Developers | SportTracks and that’s why apps like Tapiriik can sync other services with it.

Regarding Strava, my guess is that ST doesn’t support it natively because well, they are a direct competitor. And it’s the same thing on the Strava side : both services only support “data recording” platforms like Garmin Connect, Polar, Suunto… And no “data analysis” platforms like TrainingPeaks.

2 Likes

@Verde_Espada: good explanation. lets hope enough people vote for this so Zwift can focus on this and know it will help lots of users.

1 Like

Yes, SportTracks has a data API for the last six years and works perfectly with dozens of partner websites and apps such as Polar, Garmin, Suunto, Apple Watch and more.

Unfortunately, the Strava terms of service severly limit how customers can share the data they own, and it is quite restrictive for post analysis features. There are some apps which ignore these legal details, and perhaps Strava decides to not compel them to desist their activity. :expressionless:

1 Like

+1 for integration with SportTracks unless I’m missing something from Zwift that lets you review data from your ride. I use iPad version, although web version doesn’t seem much better - only seems to let you see distance, time, elevation and watts. From a platform viewpoint Zwift is a great training aid, but from a review and plan perspective it appears to be nowhere.

Please.

1 Like

Please allow autosync to SportTracks.mobi! I’m in the middle of the 10-12 week FTP builder on Zwift, but have no ability to review and analyze data. SportTracks.mobi offers that service. I need to be able to put my Zwift rides into SportTracks.mobi.

1 Like

Another vote for autosync to Sporttracks. Doubt a single customer matters much, but I just purchased the Zwift device because I (apparently incorrectly) thought it sync’d w/ Sporttracks. I’ll watch this thread for a few days and if it doesn’t appear there will be any traction on this front my device will be returned for something that I can sync with ST.

1 Like

Sporttracks sync, please!

2 Likes

Another big +1 vote for an integration between Zwift and SportTracks! SportTracks is one of the oldest training platforms out there and it gets better and more popular every year. Zwift is awesome, but the lack of SportTracks support is a glaring shortcoming. Wahoo is integrated with SportTracks. Garmin is integrated with SportTracks. Where is Zwift?

2 Likes

Another big +1. I’m having to manually go into Strava, export to TCX. Go to Sporttracks and import the TCX. Then I have to set it as a virtual ride, rename it, and reset the time (Since Sporttracks only has the TCX data which is timezone specific and Zwift is all over the globe in that respect)

Just give the sporttracks developers access to the same API that you give strava and call it good!!!

I know you guys want direct transfer from Zwift to sportracks, but in the mean time have you tried https://tapiriik.com/

Yes, I use Tapiriik to do it with Strava inbetween, that’s why I noted it initialy in the first post !

@Verde_Espada: My bad, I went back to your first post to see if you mentioned it and i just missed it. I hope my link will help someone in the meantime.

No problem of course ! :grinning:

It seems I can no longer edit the first post, but I would have added the URL for clarity.

Regarding the thread, when I see the “world switching” announced for the end of 2018, I don’t have a lots of hope here…

@Verde_Espada: I think they are working on big things. there must be something going on with the Zwift - Sportracks transfer. that is slowing it down. But you know how priorities go.

I am so used to copping my workout logs between programs i see it as part of my training. It is still better than doing it in excel (originally Lotus 123).

I use Sportracks 3.0 (the one before mobi) and there is no option to link to zwift or strava. :frowning:

For iOS users, its easy. There is an excellent sports file management app called RunGap, which has recently added support for uploads from Zwift, and it already has the facility to send data to SportTracks.mobi. It can also export data in gpx,tcx, or fit format, so you can import and transfer your data almost anywhere.