Apple tv ride ons

When I press the ride on button , what does it actually do? Is it a general “ride on” to everyone or the nearest rider or what ? Am I wrong in thinking there is no way to "ride on " to a specific person ?
I am aware it is possible on the companion app and PC.

On the apple tv there is no way to give a ride on to any other riders. The “ride on” button in the tool window just makes your rider say “ride on”. The only way to issue a ride on to another rider while using the apple tv is through the companion app.

2 Likes

Ah… I too always wondered what the “Ride On” pop-up menu button did. TV is muted and I always ride listening to music via earbuds. No wonder I never figured it out.

1 Like

Thanks Aaron , it makes me feel guilty not returning “ride ons” but now I know I can’t reply I feel a bit better .

Five years and many upgrades later and still cannot give “ride-ons” with Apple tv? We can take a coffee break on Apple tv but we still cannot give ride-ons? Seems weird that Apple has not reached out to Zwift and figured out how to step up to make this work.

Do you not use Zwift Companion? It’s easy to give Ride Ons via ZC.

2 Likes

Apple reaching out to Zwift about “Ride-Ons” would be weird. It’s not Apple’s problem. As mentioned, use the Zwift Companion app

1 Like

I am often using my mobile device for Discord to talk to other riders. Given that Apple tv facilitates pretty much everything else I need to do during a ride, that one additional feature of giving ride-ons using the Apple tv remote would be nice to have.

If I’m using Discord while Zwifting then I also have Zwift Companion open in split-screen mode.

Ok thanks, good option.