Apple TV App - Difficulties Switching Between Run & Cycle

Hi,

I’m fairly new to Zwift but having fun with it so far. I intend to use it for both running and cycling.

I’m having real challenges though with the Apple app, specifically when it comes to switching between a run and ride.

For example, I did a run the other night with no problems. Note that I have a Stryd footpod.

But this morning when I went to do a cycle (I use the Companion app to feed all three bluetooth devices to which in turn feeds to the Apple TV), I could not select a run - it was stuck in the Run mode and trying to pair up my footpod.

At the top of the screen I can use the Apple TV mouse to hover over the Run/Ride section at the top, but no way to toggle between them! It is very frustrating but equally suspect it is something obvious.

I try cycling on the trainer to hopefully enable it to realise I want to do a ride, but it is stuck on a Run. 

So my question is, using the Apple TV app, how do you switch between Run and Ride? Is there a shortcut?

In the end I just got frustrated with the Apple TV and hooked up my laptop and managed to get a ride in.

Note that I also uninstalled the Companion app and reinstalled but that did not fix the problem.

Any help or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron
PS I find the Apple TV remote an absolute ball ache as well :frowning:

PS Apologies for the typo above. The sentence:

“But this morning when I went to do a cycle (I use the Companion app to feed all three bluetooth devices to which in turn feeds to the Apple TV), I could not select a run - it was stuck in the Run mode and trying to pair up my footpod.”

should read:

“But this morning when I went to do a cycle (I use the Companion app to feed all three bluetooth devices to which in turn feeds to the Apple TV), I could not select a ride  - it was stuck in the Run mode and trying to pair up my footpod.”

Hi Aaron - 

When you have the RIDE/RUN toggle at the top of the pairing screen selected, how are you trying to switch the toggle? Clicking or swiping?

Lindsay,

I have tried clicking and swiping but it is not allowing me to toggle. I just wondered if there is something else I should be doing…

Thanks.

Can you please enter your settings on your ATV and check the batter level of your remote? They can sometimes get unresponsive when they’re low.

When you have the Ride/Run toggle on the pairing screen selected (outlined in white) you should be able to move between the two options with a left/right swipe on the remote touchpad.

Ok thanks I’ll try tonight :slight_smile: