Always in ERG mode

Hi all,

I usually pick a “free ride” when I train. In the past the resistance adjusted according to road grade. Lately, I’m always stuck in ERG mode. I’m not doing workouts just riding. I’m using a KICKR trainer. Any ideas?

thanks

Brent

Brent: one possibility is that another app is controlling the KICKR. For instance, if you are running Zwift on a PC using ANT+ sensors, you could also have the Wahoo app on a smart phone controlling the KICKR in erg mode via Bluetooth.

Steve,

I do use the ANT+. Should I have the Wahoo app open, start the workout when I start ZWIFT and then go to the SIM mode? 

"Should I have the Wahoo app open, start the workout when I start ZWIFT and then go to the SIM mode? "

It’s a long shot, but it doesn’t cost much either. I’d try what you wrote, and give it a little time, to make sure that that your Wahoo app is not controlling the KICKR. (I may know this because it’s possible I’ve had this experience.) I end up clicking on sim, erg, etc. back and forth in the Wahoo phone app a few times because the change doesn’t always seem to register on the KICKR immediately.

Ok. I will try this. I just recently downloaded the WAHOO app so I’m not sure why I had this same issue even before this. Very frustrating. I want ZWIFT to control the KICKR not Wahoo.

thanks

The Wahoo app shouldn’t be running at the same time as Zwift. You just want Zwift controlling your trainer. Just checking, you have your trainer selected on the pairing screen in Zwift as a controllable trainer as well as the power source?

I got it to work!! Didn’t have controller paired up. 

thanks!

Yay!!