Alpe du Zwift prize list

AdZ25
Anyone reached it? What do you get - experience? how much?

When you do 25 climbs, a pop up says ā€œYou are now half way to 50.ā€

seriously?

Lol no but I had to do 26 alps for the badge.

1 Like

The extra XP Points is nice, I hadnā€™t noticed that.

4x (Gloves x3, Helmet x1). Would be nice to have a few other items in the wheel of fun (water bottleā€¦ Tron Bike 2, lol).

I did find that the Cervello P5 + Zipp 808ā€™s shaved exactly 3 minutes off my time with the Tarmac Pro & Enve 3.4ā€™s. Iā€™m going to try the Tarmac with the 808ā€™s next and see what the difference is.

Zwift did a great job on this Route, I love the Stages, and the ability to monitor live your last PR on each one. I would personally like a Route that just starts at the bottom (especially now that the speed on the Jungle Route is so much slower).

~C

1 Like

Yes that would be nice! :ride_on:

3 Likes

Just did the Alpe du Zwift in under an hour and did not see any wheel prize or anything just those banners that say you got a pair of glovesā€¦ No wheels!! would be nice to know what is going onā€¦

Hi @Vicky_Lyles,

Those prizes are at random, Gloves or Helmet or wheels.

Wish I had known that before. I was on a mission for wheelsā€¦LOL guess I will keep climbing to my wheels and tron bikeā€¦ Thanksā€¦

I hope you get it soon. I got mine the 5th time up. One of my friend only after 10 or 11 canā€™t remember.

Good luck.

Is anybody else having issues with the power ups? I have reached the mark before the timer expires several times on the 2nd and 3rd power ups and havenā€™t gotten them.

Regarding the wheel of fortune, I think its not completely random, seems like it is set up so you can only get gloves or helmet on the first few tries. Iā€™ve read all the comments and didnā€™t see anyone that had gotten the wheels in the first 5. Ives gone up 6 times, and so far; 4 gloves, 2 helmetsā€¦

Toss in mine for posterity.

Helmet 1st time.
Gloves 2nd time.
Exp 3rd trip up.
Wheels 4th time.

1 Like

One thing i couldnā€™t find an answer for yet: does doing a workout or training while climbing AdZ somehow effect the achievements or badges?
Also, there seems to be no ingame tracking of how many times i did the climb, that would be nice to have.

1 Like

As long as your workout end before you get to the top you will get the spinner wheel.

You can look on strava there is a segment for the Alpe du Zwift. Alpe du Zwift (Zwift Insider verified)

got the wheels second time :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi Gerrie, you will get the spinner wheel also if the workout it doesnā€˜t finished. You earn the xp gift also.

1 Like

So that changed. :crazy_face:

Seems random to me; been up two times, gloves the first & wheels the secondā€¦ Go figure

Whatever you do, donā€™t carry a power-up you havenā€™t used through the bannerā€¦ you wonā€™t get the wheel to spin. Been up 4 times and that cost me a shot at shoes.

3 Likes

You want to count yourself lucky that Zwift now has lots of hilly routes. When the challenge was first released it was far harder to get as youā€™d do a lot less climbing.