Allow Saves Without Exit

Minor weight < 45kg: ~150 votes. Steamroller powerup: no votes. Boost mode: no votes.

4 Likes

Hello Zwift,

This has been asked over and over again! It’s an agony to leave the program and have to start the cycle all over again to get to the main menu. You never adressed this request, why? It is pretty straith forward just add a button. or even better just one menu.

6 Likes

Another vote for this change. Recently joined and this is poorly thought out and is irritating me already.

2 Likes

Totally agree. We could finish a circuit and start another without ending the ride.

1 Like

I’ve given up on this. Been years and vote upon vote upon vote and every time zwift gets something else to keep themselves busy. A new little flower, two more spectators, five more windows in the building as you turn right after the first left. If it was not the slowest application I have EVER installed then I would not be bothered but as it is right now, starting a session is a nerve wrecking experience that must be planned well in advance because if something goes wrong your only choice is - exit and restart. But this is what happens when you think you have arrived and captured the market (which they did) so like it or leave it.

9 Likes

This request was raised since Par 18, Why hasn’t this happened in Zwift?

That’s a bit unfair, saying that the feature request was raised in '18.

The earliest I can find on these forums was Oct 2015 (by me, although I’d forgotten it) in a feedback thread saying exiting after a ride was disconcerting, and wondering if it was intentional.

The first explicit request was Dec 15 in another thread

8 Likes

When is an update coming? Like everyone else says, this experience sucks. Can we please save without exiting?

2 Likes

As intensely frustrating as it is having to keep exiting and entering Zwift, after 5 years of non-resolution I think we have to assume this is a red line that will never be fixed. It’s incredible that Zwift prefer to release updates with pet projects (steering, more gimmicky boosts??) rather than address issues reported by their fee paying customers. Even more annoying is that they don’t just come out and tell us it’s not going to happen. There’s always been zero open dialog, which is odd from a community-reliant business.

12 Likes

Even Pacman, who just celebrated 30year anniversary, had the option of exiting a game without shutting down the program. Maybe Zwift should consider giving them a call to share some light on how they unfolded that miracle.
Single most annoying thing.
Second most is the loading time, which in combination reveals the disrespect of the paying customers.

2 Likes

I think you mean 40 years, but it was well after that you had the ability to save progress.

Don’t worry. This will come with the new UI.

In 3021

7 Likes

Holy :poop: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:
Man how long dou you wanna wait with this one?
The peloton is stealing the show …

1045 is an impressive number of votes for this forum.

2 years of this request and over 1,000 votes = not enough support to implement it. Sorry.

:rofl:

1 Like

Two years? I think you’ll find it is almost five years: October the 25th 2015 (!!) I raised the weirdness of the Exit app, and the first post in the first “Allow Save without Exit” thread was 30 December 2015.

1 Like

Was going off the start date of this thread. Needless to say it shows lack of progress on popular and requested features by the community.

Has anyone from Zwift even been on to let us know the latest on this?

How they think the platform is worth more in monthly subscription whilst very basic processes go ignored I do not know.

Because people keep paying them?

1 Like

there’s probably some rationale that exists within product/engineering about why this isn’t priority. something along the lines of “we will do that when we can overhaul the XYZ system” or “it’s mostly done in the UI overhaul, but we need to wait for ABC to release that”. even more likely, there is probably data that suggests that “only .0001% of users do more than 1 activity in a single day” or something like that – which obviously has a confirmation bias problem.

the reason they aren’t doing it is unlikely to be “customers want this but we don’t care” – but i agree with the sentiment that this is a very obvious fix to make. it would be really awesome if someone from Zwift product could weigh in on why this doesn’t get prioritized, but i think that @Jim_Mattson is right; we’re voting with our dollars, and no product person will ever admit that is the reason!

if anyone at Zwift product wants some unsolicited advice, here’s mine: re-think about the MVP of getting this feature live. what’s the simplest, least engineering-effort way to make this happen? forget about all the big picture stuff for a moment, and just think about delivering this small slice of customer value without all the giant future-stuff. what’s the cost of doing that small MVP piece now? think of it as a data-collection experiment; you can get that MVP functionality out there and then test to see if anyone actually uses it. if they do, then you’ve added customer value. if they don’t then you can take it out of your future features (and maintenance) because you have proof that it’s not valuable!

5 Likes