Allow Saves Without Exit

Too much complaining in here. Can’t you all just be happy that we now have boost mode?

6 Likes

It is not complaining, it is a poor design of software to force someone to completely restart an application to change a ride. I could care less about boost mode.

1 Like

LOL, I thought the sarcasm was pretty obvious.

4 Likes

More like the use case did not exist before. The design choice was fine when it was implemented. Only 1 small world so no need to exit. Now that the use case exists it is a matter of is allocating resources to do it worth it to the dev team.

1 Like

It appears the die was cast with Zwift alpha on Jarvis. There was one world, and one course, and one direction.

The mechanics are all present today. Just invite yourself to a meetup 10 minutes in the future, and when you get prompted to join the meetup, your current ride will be saved, without exiting. Unfortunately, you can’t invite yourself to a meetup right now.

Since the mechanics already exist, it should be a trivial amount of UI work to provide a better way of doing this.

2 Likes

Some days my sarcasm radar seems very very very out of whack!..and sometimes these days you can never tell… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would be curious the stats of PC users and others who may jump between events. Or when they are done a race want to go do a cool down ride with out restarting everything. No reason why they can not simple move you out, they move you from rides to events…so why not vice versa…

3 Likes

+1 this!

3 Likes

Absolutely: YES!!!
Would be great for Multi-Brick-Workouts like: Bike-Run-Bike-Run-Bike-Run
Unfortunately this is not possible today without restarting ZWIFT again after each Part-Workout-Save.
Please implement this feature!

@Andreas_Grubmuller: have you tried switching between riding and running by selecting the pairing screen (press “A” on PC or Mac) and selecting your running sensors, and so on?

3 Likes

What’s the best way to switch routes or separate out a cool down from your effort on a route?

Basically if I cycle a route, I want to save that effort and then do a 10 minute cool down. Do I need to quit the game and restart it?

1 Like

It depends on why you wanted to do that.

Quite and restart is one option.

Or

When analysing your data you can select only the part of interest. Strava and Goldencheatha can do it.

The latter might work, thanks. I use Garmin Connect.

Really hope this feature gets introduced. Such a pain having to quit and load it all back up, connect devices etc

5 Likes

There are only 991 votes for this feature. It’s not likely to make it to Zwift’s priority list any time soon.

9 Likes

Let’s see if we can get it to 1,000! Maybe that is the magic number, come on noobs, vote!

6 Likes

Do you think Zwift actaully pay any attention to feature requests?

5 Likes

Nope (post must be at least 8 characters…that’s more than 8 now)

8 Likes

Curious then what other features they are adding stand then in terms of votes by the community?

1 Like

nope but i wonder if other companies do.

1 Like