Allow Saves Without Exit

there’s probably some rationale that exists within product/engineering about why this isn’t priority. something along the lines of “we will do that when we can overhaul the XYZ system” or “it’s mostly done in the UI overhaul, but we need to wait for ABC to release that”. even more likely, there is probably data that suggests that “only .0001% of users do more than 1 activity in a single day” or something like that – which obviously has a confirmation bias problem.

the reason they aren’t doing it is unlikely to be “customers want this but we don’t care” – but i agree with the sentiment that this is a very obvious fix to make. it would be really awesome if someone from Zwift product could weigh in on why this doesn’t get prioritized, but i think that @Jim_Mattson is right; we’re voting with our dollars, and no product person will ever admit that is the reason!

if anyone at Zwift product wants some unsolicited advice, here’s mine: re-think about the MVP of getting this feature live. what’s the simplest, least engineering-effort way to make this happen? forget about all the big picture stuff for a moment, and just think about delivering this small slice of customer value without all the giant future-stuff. what’s the cost of doing that small MVP piece now? think of it as a data-collection experiment; you can get that MVP functionality out there and then test to see if anyone actually uses it. if they do, then you’ve added customer value. if they don’t then you can take it out of your future features (and maintenance) because you have proof that it’s not valuable!

5 Likes