27,334 watts? Kinetic, Android, Win10

having the same problem, although usually 65,000 watts. using kurt kinetic, s7 phone to computer. Same issue using the phone app in beta, but the kurt kinetic can read data just fine…

I’ll chime in just to add that I’m having the same problem since the 10/2 update to the Companion app. I’ve had a ticket open for about a week now. Though the person responding to the ticket has provided a couple potential fixes, nothing has worked yet.

Hoping we get a fix for this soon, and happy to provide log files, etc. if this will help.

Also looking forward to a fix soon. But, gives me a chance to try out other apps.

Marc Dorval

I don’t know why, but I have gotten it to work successfully twice since all this started.
-I also had a BLE HR monitor connected. It seemed like the trainer would connect, then disconnect while waiting for the HR monitor. I removed the HR monitor (and dropped all other BLE connections to be safe), and that seemed to allow the trainer to connect, and remain connected.

I’ve since reconnected the HR monitor. At first I got the no signal issue. I then closed the zwift companion app, and restarted it, and the connections were all good.

I’m guessing, but it seems like there is some sort of prioritization of signals, and the HR monitor was pushing the trainer off the list, but only in the pairing screen. If I’m already in the game, the new connections hold.

This has only worked twice, so we’ll see if it keeps working.

Just downloaded the NYC update, hopeful for a fix to this problem. Alas no such luck. Has anyone heard anything else concerning the issue?

It doesn’t appear that the 10/18 update to the Zwift Companion app has fixed this issue. I’ve deleted my knowndevices.xml file and restarted the PC (more than once), turned off the mobile data on my phone so it can only communicate via wifi and bluetooth, even uninstalled the Companion app, restarted the phone, re-installed, and tried again.

No luck on anything so far. I’m not sure the customer support person is convinced there’s a bug here, to be honest, but I’ve definitely tried everything they suggested at least twice.

Any ideas? I’ll note that when I borrow my wife’s iPad and use the iOS version of Zwift it works fine. I haven’t yet tried the companion app on iOS if that’s an option.

1 Like

Figured I’d do some more troubleshooting since I wanted to ride today…here’s what I sent customer support via email:

I tried the following:

1. Normal login in and use (Google Pixel 2 Android phone) with the 10/18 update to the Companion app, mobile data turned off so only wifi and bluetooth were on - NO SIGNAL received on my devices (even after deleting the knowndevices.xml file and rebooting).

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled Companion app after rebooting phone, phone in no mobile data mode - NO SIGNAL received on my devices.

3. Used iOS version of Companion app on my wife’s iPad - Successful 40 minute ride, no problems detecting either the Kinetic smart trainer or the Kinetic HRM

4. Installed 10/18 version of the Companion app on my wife’s phone (Samsung Note 9, Android) - NO SIGNAL received on my devices

I know 2 phones isn’t a very big sample size, but it definitely feels like the issue is the Android version of the Companion app, whatever changed in the 10/2 release (and carried through to the 10/18 release) appears to no longer allow consistent BLE communication with my Kurt Kinetic Smart Control trainer and Kinetic HRM.

1 Like

Still having issues. Downloaded the Kurt kinetic update that was supposed to update firmware. Couldn’t connect to bike. Then downloaded 2nd Kurt Kinetic update in a week, could connect, but not update firmware.

Guess I’m using Rouvy until whatever this is gets figured out…

Same issue here. I don’t have the option to update my KK, but works fine in their app and anywhere that isn’t zwift. Both ZML and zwift for Android can’t connect. It’s totally unusable. I’ve tried everything listed here, with no luck. Somehow I got it to work earlier this week with multiple restarts of everything. Does anyone know if Zwift is planning on fixing this?

It’s at least on the bug radar, not sure how long it till take for a fix.

I’m still having 100% success with my work around. Like everyone here, I get the no signal problem for every attempt. From there I:
-Start the ride as if the connection worked normally
-Close the companion app on my phone (android). Don’t mess with BLE connections, just the app
-restart the companion app, and everything resets and works.

It is just a work around, but it has worked every time. I’m interested to hear if others have been able to duplicate this, or not.

1 Like

Cudos to you Dave!! Tried your solution and was finally able to ride with my Kinetic smart trainer. Yahoo!!! Many thanks

This worked - thank you for the post!

The work around no longer works for me. I’ve tried several different iterations with no success. Kinetic just updated their Kinetic Fit app as well, but it is no better. I guess I’ll just have to use a stationary bike

Hey Pat, we’re still looking into this. We’ll keep everyone updated as much as possible.

The workaround is working really well (thanks David!). Looking forward to the fix, of course.

I tried the work around to my issue, remotely related, where any sensors paired through the android companion app report no signal… I close and force stop the companion app. When i restart it, the app tracks the sensor’s metrics in companion app hud but the hud in the game on apple tv is blank for that sensor, and no data for that sensor is recorded for the activity.

The latest update seems to have solved the problem! Congratulations, and thank you!

Ride On!

I am using a Kinetic smart trainer wheel on and have had zero success calibrating it in zwift I get timed out on the app fit app I struggle to even get to 25mph and it never says stop peddling…
Hop in Zwift for a ride and I fly like a pro…reading 900 watts HELP!!!

Assuming that all firmware is updated, I found that ensuring that my tire pressure was in the top range of the tire made a big difference with the Kinetic calibration. I hope this helps?