1oct 18 update / issue with launching the game

Assuming you have space for app. That’s my larger issue there…

Zwift is putting a lot of other issues on the back burner to try and get users going that have unsupported graphics cards and in my opinion it’s holding the development and resolution of issue for the larger user base back. I applaud them for taking the time to assist you and others with unsupported hardware, but other issues in my opinion are more pressing.

I would like to know how many users percentage wise are using the HD3000 on Zwift still.

You can buy an SSD card to add more storage on an Android.

This is the Graphics card in my pc:

That does not state which model of Intel Graphics card you have.

If it is a supported on, than you will just need to update the driver.

I have updated the driver and Intel tells me I have the most recent driver and that there are no updates.

This is sort of ponitless, as there are lots of other reasons why I don’t want to run Zwift on my phone, besides that my ssd slot went bad a while ago.
I assume you are pursueing this route because of no fix for Intel HD graphics 3000 cards will ever be coming?

I have no idea if it is coming or not, I would just rather see Zwift Support work on other issues.

You’ve made your point about our inferior graphics cards a few times now. Your opinion is valid but ultimately unhelpful for the people on this tread.

It is not coming. I just received an answer from Zwift support. Here it is:

So it’s bye bye Zwift and I won’t be the only one.

I am sure it is less than 5% still using the HD3000 for Zwift.

You could get an AppleTV for about $150 and get back up and running. There are options to keep using Zwift.

1 Like

On my Neighbours computer. Not successful just damn inconvenient.

Tried Zwift on the AppleTv for the first time today. As my rig is mostly Ant+, that was a semi optimal experience with one-sided power readings from my PowerTap pedals, and not being able to monitor HR simultaneously on my Garmin device.

Hopefully Intel has some chipset updates for my laptop that can solve the issue.

I do understand that Zwift need to move forward, I only regret it had to com as a surprise with no heads up and no way to opt out of the update.

How is it a surprise when the HD3000 has been below minimum since day one?

You could use CABLE to bridge the signal or get a duel band HRM like a Wahoo Tickr.

As long as the stuff was running on my device, I didn’t read the requirements specs, and I suspect that’s true for others as well.

Only an InGame heads up would get attention.

Other companies handles these issues with Test Flights, Slow Ring deployment etc.

Maybe I’m just expecting too much of Zwift…

So it’s Zwift’s fault that you were using an unsupported card. Weird logic.

Zwift has gone out of their way for years to keep that card working, taking $$$ and time away from other projects that could help out the larger community of users. Maybe now, since they are no longer supporting an unsupported GPU we can see progress on things like World Switching, Direct BLE access on Windows computers, additional levels or ways to use your XP.

Zwift needs to move forward or a competitor could run them over and this was one thing that was holding them back.

Just a FYI, Zwift for Android is not supported on the S5 anyway. …so need update there too. Guess I’m going to be without options for a while. I guess I need consider dropping subscription till I can tech up… bummer.

There is a new update that fixes this issue. As the game continues to improve, with the world becoming larger and more users continuing to ride, I do highly recommend upgrading.

We don’t have a boxed version (like old software you’d use to buy at Electronics Boutique or Babbage’s) where we can print minimum requirements on but they are available on our website. We can’t force you to read them and a giant pop-up that says “Hey! Make sure your computer meets these requirements!” every time Zwift starts seems like a less-than-ideal experience.

That being said, we make a best effort to help users with these machines run Zwift but progress marches ever onward. Our minimum requirement for MacOS has changed several times since older OS versions often stop supporting the updates we add as well.

3 Likes

Latest update (10/10) fixes the issue, so it’s working again for now (thanks again). They of course mentioned the card is not supported. So who knows how long it will work. Black Friday is coming up next month, hopefully Walmart will have a qualified laptop on sale.
Sorry Paul Allen, maybe they didn’t get to work on other things yet. Don’t worry, I am confident they will…

1 Like

@EricC
Just to confirm that the latest update has fixed the problem
Thank you and your developers for the extra effort
BIG RIDE ON!
will be looking to upgrade the system soon .

2 Likes