Zwift workouts in the background iOS

I have been using Zwift on the iOS app on my iPhone, and was disappointed that the app auto pauses when I try to switch to another app or change my music. It would be incredibly useful if Zwift could run in the background, especially while doing a workout in ERG mode. Is there anything I’m missing or any chance this functionality can be incorporated into an update?

Are you using the latest version? I’m pretty sure it runs in background to keep the connections going.

Version 2.4.2, released Sept 1, allows the app to run in background…

The app is now allowed to run in the background while paired to the game

Isn’t it the Zwift Companion App which can run in the background and not the game itself? I think you are quoting from the ZCA release notes.

Oops, sorry, I thought the OP was talking about the companion app … my bad.

I sent an email to support and received the following reply:

“While there are currently no plans to add this feature to Zwift in the foreseeable future, we strongly encourage you to submit a feature request​ for this idea. We also courage you to reach out to our community forums​ as they are a great place to gain community support for an idea and attention from the dev team.”

Seems as though they don’t want to add a feature that numerous other training apps have already incorporated. I may be doing my trainer workouts elsewhere.

1 Like

Did you submit a feature request? Can’t find one and I’d certainly vote for this.