Zwift won't start after update

Hello
Aftert yesterday’s update I can’t start zwift anymore.
I log into my account but after clicking on Let’s Got the app closes.
It was all ok untill yesterday.
When I looked into the log it said: ZwiftApp.exe is not running.
I"ve already unnistalled and installed againd but same problem.
I am using a windows 10 notebook with intel i7 8GB DDR3 and NVIDIA Geforce 820.

I don’t know what might have happenned, can someone help me?
kind regards

Could be the recent Windows 10 update, what version are you on?

Issue with older drivers for Nvidia display adapters (GPU)

Nvidia and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues with certain versions of Nvidia display adapter drivers and Windows 10, version 2004 (the Windows 10 May 2020 Update). Windows 10 devices with affected Nvidia display driver versions might receive a stop error with a blue screen or other issues during or after installing the update to Windows 10, version 2004. The affected drivers are any version lower than 358.00.

To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a compatibility hold on Windows 10 devices with affected Nvidia display drivers drivers installed from being offered Windows 10, version 2004 or Windows Server, version 2004 until the driver has been updated.

Affected platforms:

• Client: Windows 10, version 2004
  • Server: Windows Server, version 2004

Workaround: To mitigate this issue, you will need to check with your device manufacturer (OEM) to see if an updated driver is available and install it.

Next steps: Microsoft and Nvidia are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

Note We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved.

Hi Mike
Thank you for your time and dedication.
I did to things:
1- udated my nvidia drives
2- while I was checking my windows 10 version ( i still have Windows 10, version 1909) I received an update warning about microsoft edge

after the driver & microsoft update the programmestarted working again

i don’t know yet what was the problem but it’s fixed

kind regards

1 Like

Those would be older than Zwift itself btw. :rofl:

1 Like

:man_shrugging: I just copy and paste that all from Microsoft’s website :wink:

2 Likes