Zwift Running Outside

I recently completed a Zwift run outside, using my Stryd and my iPhone. While I was successful in completing the run, the experience made me wonder if there better ways to this. I was able to see how fast I was supposed to be going, but only in the right light ( it was sunny and I had an armband with a clear case over my phone.). It would have been nice if I could have just had the data and not the graphics of running in Watopia, kind of like what you see in the companion app in training mode.

I also wonder if it’s possible to get verbal audio cues to help when you can’t see the data? i.e is there something already existing if someone were blind in settings I don’t know about?

Brian,

I can’t think of a way to do this but then in all honesty I’m not entirely sure why you would want to use Zwift when running outside.

From your explanation I take it you was doing a workout?

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If anybody ever comes on here saying that they have attached a screen to their handlebars and headed out for a Zwift ride I’m done…

People did this five or six years ago! :rofl:

As for running with Zwift outside, I’ve done it a couple of times. Mainly because I don’t have a treadmill and I wanted to unlock the headband. :smiley:

Yes I really only want the training, something that tells me when to increase or decrease speed as a part of a training program.

Then you are probably better off looking for a program where you can create workouts that does audible cues.

Zwift won’t do that.