Zwift Run - Milestone; do I have to calibrate?

Hey,

This is my first post, I hope it is in the right place.

I’ve been running outdoors with a milestone pod for some time and it’s calibration is spot on (give or take a couple of meters).

I’ve started running on Zwift and I wonder how crucial it really is to calibrate to a treadmill?

I travel for work so I use different treadmills and I think it’s fair to say the accuracy of both speed and distance on a treadmills in notoriously sketchy.

So firstly I don’t want to mess up the calibration settings of my pod (although I’m not sure calibrating through Zwift actually updates the parameters of the pod…)

That a side I guess my question is, if I want to hold my real world average pace on a treadmill isn’t a well calibrated pod set to my outdoor metric more accurate than calibrating to a random hotel treadmill?

I am very new to Zwift run so maybe I’m missing something here.

Thanks,

Paul

Welcome to Zwift! :slight_smile: Yay!

Generally, we recommend calibrating your footpod whenever you’re using it for the first time, or whenever the readings seem to be inaccurate. We suggest using a treadmill because it will help you hold a certain speed during the process.

If your footpod is a Zwift RunPod, it’s best to calibrate in game. If it’s a Milestone footpod, it can be calibrated using the Milestone app. It’s good practice to calibrate every so often to get more accurate results. I’d like you to try calibrating with a treadmill, and let me know how it goes! :smiley:

Thanks!