Zwift now super strict on calculating workout stars [1.25.0] [SOLVED]

Gang - looks like we’ve made headway towards a fix. I’ll update with progress to an ETA.

7 Likes

Thanks!

As an FYI, the last workout I did gave me full credit for all stars when I figured it would fail me on a few occasions going from a recovery block to a 30 second burst at 100% FTP.

If you miss the ETA by 30 minutes you’ll only get half a star.

6 Likes

Thank you for informing us about the progress. Kudos.

Has anyone confirmed whether this was fixed in today’s update?

@Dan_P4
This has not been fixed in today’s v1.25.2 release. If it were, I would have closed the loop.

2 Likes

Thanks and good luck with the fix!

Happened last night while doing one of this weeks unbound workouts on the 20sec and 30sec at z5 or z6 coming from a z1 recovery period last night. Held the power for time period but still no star on the 20sec and half star on the 30 from due to the 2-3sec erg mode adjusting the wattage to the trainer resistance I am guessing. But did get star for the corresponding brief recovery period of same time length. Full star for the minute effort. Not sure what is going on. Trainer is a wahoo kicker 2018. Zwift activity 1087388742290800656.

Appears this is due to the delay between the arc and when your trainer senses the change in ERG power. Used to be that as soon as you hit the arc, you could let off on pedaling (cheating :slight_smile: so to speak). But no longer. You need to push the full power all the way till ERG changes it. If you do that, you get full star all the time. So no more cheating!!! :(.

You need to push the full power all the way till ERG changes it. If you do that, you get full star all the time.

That is not true.
People are reporting riding perfect intervals (they tend to be short ones with large increases in power such as 30 seconds with an increase from 50% to 150% FTP) where they are awarded no stars.

4 Likes

Got all the stars again, and FPS was much better in Richmond. :man_shrugging:

So have these issues been resolved, or does it just not affect Richmond? Does my head in when they change stuff but don’t explain or mention it.

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder if they fix things by accident the same way they break things by accident!

2 Likes

The stars issue only happened to me that one time on March 9th. Not sure if Richmond just performs better in general, smaller world, not in rotation so hardly any other riders around, etc…? There were still some dips in FPS just not as bad as Watopia.

You need perfect intervals to beyond the arc now. About 5s past the arc :slight_smile:

I don’t think you theory holds any water, those are 15 second intervals and I got all the stars.

1 Like

Did you see the new GPlama youtube video doing a trainer test about an hour in? It looks like same problem going from Z1 to a Z4 to Z5 and no stars for 20sec.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that, his segments were bang on but no star. I was surprised he didn’t mention it.

My previous workout was weird, I got stars for the hard effort part but didn’t get stars for the pause part. :thinking:

Hey Shuji I think you mentioned a couple of weeks ago that there was progress on the fix.

Any updates or an ETA?