Zwift not detecting Polar Oh1 on Android

(Reme) #1

I am using zwift from my phone, Nokia sirocco

I have a polar oh1 bt hrm, yet zwift is the only app on my phone unable to detect it, even with nothing else paired zwift does not pick it up. I open strava it picks it up instantly.

Its pretty much the only metric I cannot get into Zwift, any reason why it’s the only app that won’t see the hrm?

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #2

I am pretty sure ANT+ is not yet supported in android.

(John) #3

That is correct, at this time Zwift does not support native ANT+ receivers on any platform. We do support ANT+ connections through ANT+ dongles on PC/MAC or through an ANT+ bridge like the NPE Cable App or 4iiii Viiiiva Heart Rate Monitor on our other platforms.

(Reme) #4

It is, and has been for some time. Ant+ has been on android since 2017

(Reme) #5

It’s still a BT hrm, maybe I should have left the ant bit out. Both devices support ant connection, but that’s more relevant for the watch and bike.

(Aaron) #6

Gerrie and John are trying to say that although your phone has an ant+ receiver, Zwift does not support its use. So ant+ devices will not work with Zwift on your phone without the use of an ant+ to btle bridge.

(😺🐾) #7

Polar OH1 supports dual Bluetooth and ANT+ with the most recent update. Previously it was Bluetooth only. OP confused everyone by saying his phone is an ANT+ device. It’s actually not related to the question.

2 Likes