Zwift locking up on screen

Zwift has been locking up for the last three days - is it possible to disable the picture taking app (which serves no useful purpose)?

Also, when doing a training ride using one of the many good plans is it possible to match the Watts to the landscape … would make it all that much more enjoyable?

I’ve had the lock up before when taking a screen shot. Not recently however.

Not sure what you mean by making the watts match the terrain. If you’re doing a workout then the power target is set by the workout. The changing terrain is ignored i.e. resistance doesn’t change to match terrain changes (assuming you’re in ERG mode). Sounds like you want dynamically adjusting terrain so that when your workout says do 500 watts you get a really steep hill.

You can change the setting ‘Image uploading’ to ‘Never’. This disables the automatic screen shot taking.

Thanks, got that and fixed it.

What still happens on and off is during a workout the time for a segment falls behind the total clock, initially a few seconds but then it can get to several minutes.
When this happens the entire ride is screwed up - nothing updates and the file can not be opened in Strava, etc.

Not sure what causes this but it is extremely aggravating when it occurs. Could this have something to do with the number of total riders and the system bandwidth?

Ken
{Personal Content Edited Out}

Inactive hide details for "Jesper Rosenlund Nielsen [ZwiftHacks]" ---01/07/2019 03:41:36 AM---You can change the setting 'Image“Jesper Rosenlund Nielsen [ZwiftHacks]” —01/07/2019 03:41:36 AM—You can change the setting ‘Image uploading’ to ‘Never’. This disables the automatic screen shot tak

the locking up has to do with the segment clock falling behind the total clock - which eventually can reach minutes - the file is then corrupted and Strava will not recognize it

as for the terrain - it is a visual thing only - it seems that if one is riding a workout that the hills should show up when the wattage is elevated, etc.

Ken
{Personal Content Edited Out}

Inactive hide details for Nigel  Doyle ---01/06/2019 09:12:40 PM---I've had the lock up before when taking a screen shot. Not rNigel Doyle —01/06/2019 09:12:40 PM—I’ve had the lock up before when taking a screen shot. Not recently however. Not sure what you mean

The problem with the timer(s) could very well be related to your GPU being under a heavy workload. It reminds me of an earlier bug (1 or 2 years ago ?) which Zwift fixed. I suggest you raise a support ticket with Zwift to have them look at it.

1 Like