Zwift is it Gaming or just another boring training platform?

I think there’s already enough levels, routes, challenges, badges, etc. Plenty keep you occupied already. What needs to be added is more customization in terms of gear. A complete gear overhaul/rebalance. More frames, more parts (saddle/groupset/handelbar tape), more wheels, more jerseys, more helmets, gloves, shoes, etc. It’s hard to imagine that with the success they have they can’t reach out to brands for permission.

1 Like

Sorry. Not by a long shot.

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more

That’s a great idea!!
I have almost all the bikes and wheels I want.
I mostly race flat routes or some rolling hills.
The S Works Venge and 858 wheels (flatter route), the Venge and 454 or the Tarmac Pro with 454 for more hills but still lots of flats.

For pancake flat routes, I still use the Tron.
I could get the Enve 7.8 and a disc set in the future but I’m only level 37.

I feel I notice a difference in accelerating of thr flats with a lighter wheel set but I still want to be areo.

To address the OP, the trinkets and toys are a minor goal for me.
I enjoy races and fast group rides.

1 Like

More accessories will be the answer. And starting off with a less equiped bike.

I’m not saying they can’t add more of that stuff, just that in terms of CONTENT, it’s already heavily weighed in that direction. Customization and gear is incredibly barebones and basic in comparison.

Hi Leo,
I like the idea of

its a good idea, add frame colours to that list,
but to only have 50 levels is lame. How easy would it be for Zwift to add another 50?
Its only a counter ticking on in the background.

1 Like

It used to be that way and everyone said they couldn’t wait two to four years to get the level 50 bike. So this way you can earn directly the bike you want without too much of a level lock.

I’m curious why you think that there are already enough levels. How long have you been stuck on level 50? And enough challenges? How many years ago did you finish the three available challenges?

1 Like

Like I said, sure, they can add more of that stuff, but in terms of content, that is basically superficial fluff. More “achievements” (and yes, challenges are a form of achievements) do not require any development weight. I’m talking about fundamental improvements to the mechanics of the game. You’re talking about more of the same thing you we already have aka “ride/climb x amount of kms with this option selected!!!” That’s the content you’re begging Zwift for? Really? That’s it?

I’m so sorry you are unable to think past your own experience.

Ad hominem attacks already? Really?