Zwift hangs while saving and exiting

This is a new Zwift install on a new Windows 10 machine. For the first couple of rides, there were no problems. After that Zwift started becoming unresponsive and hangs after “Save and exit”. The hangs typically last around 5 - 7 minutes after which it would usually exit but still leave a spinning circle pointer on the desktop. This spinning circle would go off after an additional couple of minutes.

I have not linked Zwift to any other services (eg., Strava, Training Peaks) so Zwift isn’t uploading anything.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Hi Paul,

From what I’ve seen, when Zwift hangs for several minutes at the “SAVE & EXIT” screen, it can be indicative of internet connection issues. Do you use WiFi and if so, how’s the signal strength on your computer? Maybe try restarting your router (unplug the power cord for approximately 1 minute, then plug it back in) and see if that helps when saving your next ride.

If that doesn’t help, please submit a support request if you haven’t already done so, and a Zwift team member will be happy to take a closer look at this matter.

The hanging on SAVE & EXIT happens to me too an a Windows 10 PC. OS is up to date and current as is Zwift. This has been going on for a long time and I thought after all the posts about it, it would be fixed by now. Not yet.

Hi @Vincent_Kelly:

Are your PC on WIFI or Lan connection? This is usually the product of internet dropouts.

Same here and no wifi problems … :grimacing:

Put your log file in zwiftalizer.com and look at the network errors.