Zwift for Windows 10 64 bit

Hi,
I used my Zwift application on my Windows 10 64bit laptop 2 days ago but suddenly when I tried to launch it it keeps popping an error about error retrieving link for launcher update.
I also found out that the version I am running is 32bit although my operating system is 64bit compatible! Also tried to uninstall and fresh install Zwift and could not find 64bit version on Zwift website.
Any idea how can I fix this ?? I am stuck!

Hi @wael_fareed

Welcome to the forum.

I don’t think there is a 32 and 64 bit version.

This is the link I use to download the launcher on all my windows 10 systems.

https://www.zwift.com/download/win

Hi,
I am using the same exact link and all I get to download is Zwift 32bit !

That one should work.

Only shipping 32-bit executables might explain why the Zwift Insider post about building PCs for Zwift says that installing more than 8GB RAM doesn’t help game performance. (I have no idea if a 64-bit Zwift would actually benefit from addressing more RAM, and it might hurt 64-bit machines with limited memory.)

It says that because the game itself typically uses less than 1GB in practice, so adding more than 8GB is literally pointless. I’ve actually tested with as little as 2GB in the PC and frame rates were unaffected, you just get crappy textures with any less than 6GB.

@wael_fareed Dave’s comment tells you that there would be no point in having 64-bit executables, so they may as well just have one build

Isn’t 32 bit capped at 4gb of ram? So if you get worse textures under 6 then there is a need isn’t there?

Zwift doesn’t even work on 32-bit editions of Windows. I’m not aware that there are multiple builds.

Perhaps the confusion is due to the installer being PE32? I’m on mac so I don’t know what’s inside.

ZwiftSetup.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows

Well , Problem solved. It was as issue related to my ISP and resetting my router solved the issue.
Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

I am running the 32bit version now!