Zwift crashes [v 1.0.55226] SOLVED

Multiple crashes here today, all on Watopia. Once on Volcano CCW and several times trying to do a group ride on Muir And The Mountain.

Win10 and Nvidia GTX970 on 452.06 drivers. The crashes seem to occur on spots with long draw distance? and I get graphic corruption similar to @BooX above, plus taillights stretching out to the side of the screen. I did a long ride in Innsbruck yesterday which is a much graphically closer in city course, and no issues.

E: after this, did ~20 minutes in Richmond with zero issues.

I too had Zwift completely crash, and dumped from the SBS TDF Rest Day Ride on France Map, I believe there were plenty of others with the same problem, including commenator & host (and Zwift ambassador) Matt Keenan, whilst live streaming the event to facebook. It was somewhere around 14km mark. Win10 version.

I’ve never been able to ride the France map.Always crashes at 8 minutes or so. Reported it to Zwift support 2 weeks ago and got a canned reply about emptying Internet Explorer caches. It didn’t work and never got any more support replies after that.

This Sunday it all got much worse. Now Watopia crashes after 3-4 minutes and France would crash right away. I could join a ride and crash right in the pen!

Rode for 45 minutes on Insbruck, 20 minutes on Yorkshire. No problem. Try to ride in France again, crash after 10-15 s.

This is all on a fairly old but still quite high end Win10 pc. At first I suspected I had a faulty GPU since a few of these crashes were preceded by visual artefakts like tearing but after running tests and bennchmars I’m not so sure anymore. My pc seems to work fine. Its Zwift that is broken

1 Like

Everytime I am crossing the Petit KOM banner on the Paris map, the game crashes.

Just adding another voice to this list. Windows 10 crashed around 15.8km into Casse-Pattes just before the Petit KOM during the Herd Stampede race at 19:05 BST yesterday.

Please let me know if there is more information you need.

Thanks,

Jonathon

After a few days off the bike I updated Zwift on Win 10 yesterday, prior to joining the Vixen group ride. Zwift crashed early in the ride and I was able to rejoin before the 30 minute cutoff. It crashed once again, this time too late to rejoin. I tried an ad hoc ride and managed to complete that successfully.

During the group ride I noticed that messages for ride ons received were jumbled/corrupted. Maybe that is a clue to the problem, maybe not.

Today I joined a Revo group ride. It was a 60 minute ride and I managed to complete it. However, a couple of minutes into my warm down, within the same session, Zwift crashed again. This was in London.

I’ve checked the PC and there are no multiple Zwift1/2/3 folders found.

1 Like

Hey ZWIFT STAFF – any more on this? We appreciate you jumping in but then you went dark. You have lots more input now. Can you tell us what is going on and how to fix it.

1 Like

@Scott_Tuthill
Yup, we’re on it.

1 Like

Hey everyone, thanks for the detail and the support you’ve shown to one another on this issue. As Shuji said, we are working on solving this one for you. In order to do that, we need a little more help from you all, specifically you PC and Mac users!

Here is what we would like, if you don’t mind:

• Head to this link and follow the instructions for sending crash logs to our support team.

• Send your logs to support@zwift.com and link this forum thread as well as mention you’re writing about the ZBRI-661 issue, as this will help us quickly locate your logs in order to gather your information and help us solve this one more quickly for you.

We are aware of the issue and doing our best. The only pain you should feel from a Zwift race is in the legs, not because of a crash.

Ride On!

2 Likes

@xflintx

I’ve passed these details onto the rest of our group - more crashes today on the WTRL Empwerment race series.

1 Like

Logs just sent per request and process. Let’s get this thing tracked down.

1 Like

And @xflintx: PLEASE no more releases just before the weekend, especially a holiday weekend. Maybe start trying a Monday or Tuesday, so that issues can be resolved BEFORE the Zwift staff leaves for two or three days.

5 Likes

Or I don’t know, stay with me here for this radical idea… test the dang release on all platforms before pushing it to your users.

If Zwift tested it before pushing it and no one at Zwift noticed the names of the wheels went away in the garage and crashing issues with France you might need to hire new testers.

4 Likes

Well, there’s that, too! :rofl:

Leaving aside how they manage to miss it in-house, I find it really odd that they seemingly don’t have a dozen or so community beta testers on a variety of platforms, who would flag most of this stuff in a day of real world use before it went out to the masses.

5 Likes

Agree. Avid users would find almost any bugs immediately so they could be addressed prior to mass release.

Starting to honestly think the current “test protocol” in-house is to just load the new version, pair equipment, load a world, spawn then immediately say “yep all is working let’s release it to everyone”

2 Likes

I split it to a new topic to keep this thread on track.

12 posts were split to a new topic: Foliage Hack cause Zwift Crash

Just crashed for me 3 times in a row after updating to 1.0.55226.

Windows (desktop) + Android (companion) combo here. I was trying to do a regular ride (i.e. not an event, not a race, no pace partners, etc) in Watopia: Out And Back Again first and then Figure 8, twice - it crashed in all 3 of those for me after the first 5-10 minutes of the ride.

I noticed some label/font artifacts prior to the app crash - it looked like label text wasn’t properly clearing before next value was rendered and it was rendering over the previous value and looked completely garbled after few minutes.

It’s super frustrating and I hope it’ll get fixed soon.

1 Like

I joined a meetup ride around France this morning, riding it anti-clockwise (deuce france). Again it crashed, a few km before we got to Balloon Sprint. I rejoined and we did another lap, this time I was aware as we approached that point, noticed a bit of graphics glitching and crashed again at the same point. another 3 of our group (on PC) crashed at the same point.

Would be great if you had the choice to update or not.
That way you could wait and see if it actually works.