Zwift Companion 3.62 [September 2024]

Hello Zwifters!

Zwift Companion version 3.62 is available in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Please update at your earliest convenience.

• Fixed some app crashes on Android.
  • Fixed an issue where the number of route completion badges was inaccurate on Android.
  • Fixed an issue where selecting routes from the MyList screen sometimes didn’t display route information on iOS.
  • Fixed an issue where Zwift Play disconnects would generate repeated error messages on Android.

UPDATE October 10
Zwift Companion version 3.62.1

• General bug fixes

Do you have questions or issues to report? Let us know below.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Duplicate notifications on Zwift Companion [October 2024]

Thanks for the update!
The number of route completion badges is still inaccurate on iOS, though.

Please note that a version 3.62.1 patch has been released. Please update at your earliest convenience.

1 Like

No fix for inaccurate route completion badges on iOS?

Thanks

1 Like

…thanks again for the update…but what about the (still) inaccurate route completion badge list on iOS?

“General bug fixes” includes all hopes and dreams, right? :grinning:

3 Likes

I’ve not changed my set-up
WiFi wise or the location where I train. The app used to be solid. Now it continually loses connection during rides. I’m on iOS. I notice that so few have the companion app working and the social aspect of Zwift is deteriorating and I take it that this is because so many have given up on using the companion app?

Dave.

Are you referring to the icon in the Riders Nearby list that used to show when someone was using Companion? Because that disappeared a long time ago.

As for your disconnection, you say that nothing’s changed in your setup but that doesn’t preclude radio interference, channel congestion or other local issues, and also phones/tablets can end up with their wifi antennae damaged over time (e.g. through being dropped).

Have you tried basic things like rebooting your router? What sort of signal strength does your device show for wifi? Have you tried running an app to see what other routers might be contesting for the same channel(s)?

1 Like

Still no event notifications. I will note that the event notification pops up if I’m actively in Companion when the time for it hits (in my case 60 minutes). iOS and yes I updated to 3.62.1.

I still see that. What disappeared (for me at least) is the icon showing a person doing a workout.

Thanks for the correction, I mis-remembered.

Yes, all done and I even check for RF on 2.4 gHz around me. As for not showing other users using the companion app, when you are riding, let’s say with Coco, look to your right on the screen. The rider list. It clearly shows the few using the companion app and the fewer using steering controls.

To be fair, yesterday for the first day in a long time that the company app was anywhere near stable. I only rode for an hour and it was ok.

Ride on,

Dave.

When you talk about the app losing conmection, are you referring to Zwift Companion? And by losing connection do you mean it stops showing you the map screen and riders nearby etc, i.e. Companion is losing its connection to your Zwift game app? Or do you mean something else?

Exactly that.

That’s likely some sort of error in your home network, i.e. losing connectivity between your local Companion app and your local game app. Have you rebooted the routers? In the 2.4GHz space thete is typically lots of congestion and also it’s suspectible to interference from the huge range of other devices that also use the 2.4GHz spectrum (garage door.openers, microwaves, etc). Do you have the option of 5GHz?

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve done everything. I noticed yesterday, that on a very large Coco ride, so few had the Companion app operating. Fortunately it was pretty stable for me yesterday.

D.

I got an event notification today for the first time in quite a while, and there was was only one of it.

have you fixed the notification yet? set reminder button doesnt ‘save’ the reminder