Zwift Clubs - dead in the water?

@Ryan_Scannell is Zwift Clubs put out to pasture? Eddy is gone, and we’ve gone from steady but consistent progress month on month to stagnation. Club workouts, critical functionality this time of year, is restricted to the same few workouts. The web and companion app event management functionality are not in sync, and changes to one breaks the other. Keep everyone together doesn’t work. There’s so much potential with Clubs, it would be great to get it back on track.

What’s going on?

As excited as I was for them to come out I’m also finding the current iteration almost useless. The limited workout and event management have made them pretty much useless for my purposes. Meetups still work better for most cases.

4 Likes

still waiting to make much use of clubs. it could be a great communication tool but is unusable in it’s current state. Like lots of things at Zwift have stagnated is quite frustrating when there is so much potential

10 Likes

Absolutely agree with this. What was said to be work in progress back in June was completely ignored in the Clubs ‘update’ last month. Such a shame.

1 Like

Hey all - your comments are noted and on-target.

I’m discussing this with the team and hope to revive these Clubs updates.

22 Likes

Thank you. Please work on Club Races. So many friends are intimidated to join the public races but are open to racing against friends in private club races. This would help them eventually step up to the bigger public races.

4 Likes

Such a good idea. Would be a great forum to hold private weekly club events.

you can already use clubs for racing. while not perfect it does 90% of what you probably want.

1 Like

That was a month ago. Is anything happening with clubs?

Since Eddy left updates stopped then when we did get an update in October there was very little progress since the summer. Frustrating to see when it has so much potential.

Can we make notifications a priority?

2 Likes

That is the singular missing feature making Clubs a non-starter.

Add rubberbanding/keep-together and we’d see an immediate, dramatic uptick in Club use.

14 Likes

totally agree with this , i setup 7 banded rides for Rapha 500 for the first rides rubberband to limit the group speed to 16kph, the ride was supposed to be for 70km but everyone said enough after the first hour, The ride lead then messaged me to delete the rest of the events, Thanks zwift for ruining so many riders first ride of the Rapha 500, This fence has been broken for a long time now and really isn’t good enough to just say work in progress when it is a important part of a lot of clubs,

1 Like

giphy

3 Likes

@James_Zwift @shooj - Think we’ve all been pretty patient waiting and not chasing over the Christmas period but now things should be getting back to normal could we please get some sort of update on the Clubs roadmap?

Should we all just give up hope and stop nagging if we’ll go another 6 months without any major updates…

6 Likes

Yep…Zwifts communication here is extremly frustrating since long time…question is why.

1 Like

Hi all - Clubs is still very much in our plans for the future, but with a couple of roadmap reviews and departures from the business this has had an impact on our progress.

@Chris_Cru_Jones

1 Like

Thanks for the reply James. Have there been any thoughts around creating a Clubs stakeholder community group to help input for feature priorities / future development ideas?

I’m certainly more than happy to help in any way I can. I really would like to not have all my posts on here be complaints / whinging! :joy:

thanks James but i’m still not really sure where that leaves clubs.

Any chance we can get an eta on when we can expect a status update. reading between the lines i assume clubs is not being actively worked on and hasn’t been since staff departures so wondering when things might start up again.

Again sorry to moan just more in frustration as I see the potential both for clubs and zhq if the small things could be changed. Notifications, proper event settings etc to make them usable.

8 Likes

100% get the frustration.

Our ultimate goal is for you guys to build events with full customisation without you having to contact us. This is a big thing and will take a significant (1 year+) amount of time to do.

I don’t have an ETA on next update but I’ll ask Chris.

thanks, totally baffled how it can take a year but fair enough.

1 Like

It touches SO MANY THINGS

1 Like