ZWIFT CLASSICS - Rund Am Innsbruck Stage 6

I’m not usually with the conspiracy theorists but in this case, I’m pretty sure they’re putting off posting the start lists to reduce the volume of email complaining about the crap categorization of riders. Looks like C3 in West Oz is gonna be yet another bloodbath just going by the presence of one of the big boys already. I guess we’ll be seeing eventually…

Hanlon’s razor

2 Likes

I just went into the WTRL sign-up and now it want to put me in C2.

There is more of my team in C2 (I also think it will be more challenging.) so I am now officially in C2.

But this experience does not give me a lot of confidence in the System.

you can be sure that whichever cat you race in, it will be correct for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking in the ZC start list which doesn’t have any data, Adam Evans the 87kg A rider who can put down 370 watts for 20 minutes AND won last weeks race going away is in C3. His current Race Ranking in ZP is 125. There is no way Adam is a C3 racer but I’m pretty sure there are others right behind him. I have no idea why Gerrie got bumped up and Adam did not. Must be totally kickin’ butt somewhere…

This merely confirms my lack of confidence in The System.

For those of you not fully versed in Murphy’s and associated corollaries, Hanlon’s Razor says: “Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”

Well put, Dave.

1 Like

I went into the WTRL sigh-up page and re did the sign-up to get the Zwift link to check who is in my group on ZP that is when I saw I can sign up for C2. After doing that I was in C2 and C3. I pulled out of C3 in the Companion app.

So in short it was not a auto upgrade it was me going into the system.

So if Adam go into the system he might get a option to move.

Can’t make my usual time slot this week so going for the Western Europe race C3, prob way out my depth but as long as the numbers are small I might be able to keep up on the small kicker.
Would like to be able to see the race line up before hand though, as I’m on a 12 hour shift and don’t want to be rushing home to be destroyed by A’s again.
Should be able to keep Dave company no doubt if he’s attending

Thanks for doing the right thing. :+1:

I have no idea if Adam is even aware of the possibility to move up or even cares about it. He’ll probably run away with this one too. :unamused:

1 Like

We’ll miss you in the Grupetto, Lee. I think the West Oz C3 race is more aggressive than many of the other events. I think Akio rode the East Oz C3 race and it was notably less animated at the start than the other races he’d run.

See, there will always be someone cheating the system, even the Autocat :laughing:

1 Like

Join the club (in my case its the Gruppetto club).

That was pure coincidence if ZP had the Signups I would have never checked. I prefer a challenging race.

Did you get to the bottom of not being able to check the entry field so we can start to consider tactics etc ? Have Zwift made a concious effort to hide this do we think ? @xflintx is this an expected change to this weeks process ?

I am seeing some results being found already for some segment times even though I dont think any races have taken place yet ?? Class C0 New Zealand Segment points ( and all the tiders are Europe based ??

I just think that’s the way it has been setup in ZP.

I am signed in to 4 events on zwift over the next few days and not a single one on ZP yet. I suspect it’s having problems of some sort, not specific to these races.

2 Likes

I’m not sure. Usually you can find events on zp ok but the signups is another thing as that usually takes until 24 hours before the event to populate.

The classics events are not appearing at all which I hope is not a sign of zwift/wtrl trying to move away from zp just yet.

I’m all for zwift building a new system to replace zp but you need to keep the current system working until that is fully ready to go. Any ideas @xflintx if it will be working before races tomorrow?

Hoping it’s just event setup as by default private events are usually hidden.

@Gordon_Rhino-Racing

The data is there it is just behind the privacy screen. Spesial events worked like that all the time.

Classics so far haven’t been hidden.

1 Like

Yes but now it is.

I checked the data is there.