Zwift always starts on watopia cant go to main menu

HI, Im new to zwift, but I cant get to the main menu, Im using the PC app, when I start zwift, I select my profile, and then setp up the sensors, everything ok here, after that, it just starts like a free ride, and there is no way to go to the main menu where the races are, if I click on esc, the app just close.
Is anything Im doing wrong?
thanks

Hi @dude_one and welcome to the forums!

So after the pairing screen where you set up your sensors, power source, heart rate monitor, etc. you should then be directed to the route/world screen. This screen also has the training/workout choice option, missions or challenges on the left side (currently the Tour of Watopia and the Cape Epic climbing mission), upcoming events will be on the right side.

Are you saying you don’t get this screen and it just dumps you into a ride and spawns you in Watopia, or is it the guest world of the day (London, New York, etc.)?

4 Likes

Good morning @dude_one

Welcome to the forum,

If you double click the OK button in the paring screen you can potentially skip the world selection screen.

4 Likes

That is what I was thinking too, if he is getting sent right to the guest world then it might be a double click, but if Watopia then something else is going on. The guest world is always default correct?

2 Likes

Mike you may be on to something, or a combination of things.

Have you ever edited the .prefs file or used the hack to ride a specific world?

1 Like

thanks for the replys!!!
Im not dong double click, single click, and maybe Im confused, is not watopia, is the guest world as Mike said, I found a workaround, downloaded the zwift companion app on my cell phone, and from there I was able to join races, but I think this would not be the right way,
Other thing, If from the sensors screen, I do not wake up any sensor, the button says watch, then if I click it, I go to the main lobby,
thanks!

I use the companion app to sign up for all events and races, I think it is the best option.

3 Likes

I don’t think this will help but I never touch the “Orange OK” button it just counts down from about 5 seconds after locating my devices.

Hi Folks - I am experiencing the same issue, wondering of there was a solution for that. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Rommel_Rizzato_No1 and welcome to the forums. Are you also not getting an option to choose a route and getting dumped right into Watopia after the pairing screen? I think this is user error, double clicking the “OK” button on the pairing screen and then skipping the route selection screen. Can you post some screen shots?

1 Like

Hi Mike, I don’t press the OK button i left it go on its own and no luck. But I found a workaround. I start swift and skip the paring screen, then all goes fine, i pick a route and after that i do the pairing . works fine for me. thanks

3 Likes

Hi! ?I also have this problem does anybody knows how to solve it?
I am using Mac app.

Hi @Arkadiy_Kistanov, if this is your first ride on Zwift then you get routed straight to Watopia for the tutorial ride. Is this your first ride, have you completed the tutorial?

1 Like

I don’t think so, and I agree, it is not obvious. When I set up my 11yr old’s free account I thought something was wrong and exited and restarted a bunch of times because it was skipping the route selection screen, the HUD was missing, no metrics, no riders nearby, etc… and nowhere does it tell you that you are in a tutorial until you start to pedal and get a few hundred feet down the road the prompts start to show up.

It also doesn’t tell you how long the tutorial is or how far you need to ride during the first ride. My daughter rode halfway through the route and exited, the next time she had to start all over at the beginning… it took her about 30 minutes to get through it all. Kind of cumbersome for an 11 year old.

@Jim_Mattson

I have not done the 1 time ride, but Shane did it and made a video if you are interested to see how it works.

3 Likes

If it’s your first time using Zwift there should DEFINITELY be some sort of immediate messaging that says something like “Hey! I see this is your first time using Zwift. We are going to take you through a tutorial of the basics. This tutorial will last for about 7 miles, during which time you will be introduced to many of the features you will see in your regular Zwift rides…” It has to be really painful for the first-time folks to have no idea what’s going on. And possibly even more painful when someone who started Zwift before this was implemented is trying to help someone get set up now.

6 Likes

:point_up_2: :point_up_2:

yes, this!

:ride_on:

1 Like

I completed the tutorial but later in the ride it crashed. Now it takes me straight to Watopia after the sensor setup with no option to retake the tutorial. Pretty rubbish introduction to Zwift!

1 Like

Hi @Ashley_Rolleston, welcome to the forums. If the tutorial ride crashed then you will need to do it again, unfortunately. The fact that you don’t get a world choice and it goes straight to Watopia is the tutorial ride again, you don’t need to choose it anywhere else. Hopefully it doesn’t crash on you again!

2 Likes

I’m so happy I found this before investing much more effort trying to “fix” my problem! I had already installed Zwift on a second machine (Windows 10) and uninstalled/reinstalled on the first. Oddly, I wouldn’t have known there was a “problem” had I not installed the application on my iPad - there doesn’t appear to be a mandatory “training” ride on that device and I was free to roam the available worlds.

Couldn’t agree more that this is a somewhat clumsy update to the application. Also noticed that I signed up for the California challenge and now cannot seem to exit that challenge. At some 700+ miles, I certainly hope that doesn’t become my “training ride”!

Hopefully, Zwift staff read this forum and will take corrective action to make the first time experience less hostile and more rewarding :slight_smile:

1 Like