Zwift Academy Road [2022]

I didn’t get an email but can see my results in the companion app. It’s not in my spam or bin as well.

Do I have to redo baseline to get an email?

Yes, i’ve got the same issue.

no email for me either. In Companion app data seems to be correct.

Hi Everyone,

I am extremely sorry for the delay in responding. We had a few things that needed to be confirmed but we have just sent out an email addressing all the issues that arose with Zwift Academy yesterday. Please check your inbox for more details. Update - The email was only sent to those who were impacted by the rubberbanding during the baseline rides between 9 AM PDT - 12 PM PDT and those who received the blank baseline data email. If you rode after 12 PM PDT, the issues had been resolved.

In regards to the questions around the baseline data emails, we adjusted those to be sent within 1 business after the baseline line rides have been completed.

1 Like

Its asking we you are doing the pro contract we need to do it again and can you do it from the training plan folder?

Hey @Philip_Procter - To redo the baseline ride, you will need to select from one of the scheduled rides. It is not available in the workout folder.

1 Like

thanks for that

Will I get my stats if i did all segments but jumped off the ride early?

1 Like

Did the Baseline ride today. It’s too bad the first set of rides were messed up because I found today’s ride pretty solid. The messaging along the way was done well, and in general it was a fun ride. I hit a PB 15 second power during the sprint, and did pretty well (for me) on the first segment as well, so it will be very interesting to see if I can beat that in a month. During the volcano KOM I had a connection issue, so I was trying to fix that while riding the KOM which made for a less than stellar effort, but I was pretty wrecked halfway up the volcano KOM anyhow, so lots of room for improvement there. Even with the connection issue the data uploaded properly and the ride counted so that’s good.

I can see how some people would quit the ride shortly after the volcano KOM and not hit the actual finish of the ride, so if hitting the finish is absolutely necessary for the ride to count it would be good for some of the on-screen messaging to remind people of that at the point they finish the KOM. Ideally the ride would just count as long as you did all 3 sections.

It would also have been good to put some text in the description to explain how the bikes would swap to TT bikes during the segments as there were a lot of questions about that in the pen. I know many folks don’t read descriptions, but maybe it would have helped a bit.

The way the route is configured to change to TT bikes for certain sections is interesting actually. Would be interesting to see a crit-style race where certain laps switch everyone to TT bikes to see how that mixes up the packs and avoids one single blob with most people drafting the whole way for instance…

1 Like

One other thing I just realized after checking out the strava data. The Volcano KOM time I had was not my fastest time (off by 20 seconds), but it actually was my highest average watts for that segment (since the bike was a TT bike instead of the Tron+drafting I presume). It would probably be nice if for the ZA segments in the companion app it would not just show time, but also average watts and averages watts/kg. Seeing the watts there would remind me what I have to average to beat that time without having to go back to strava.

I do see there is w/kg in the email which hopefully I’ll get tomorrow, but it could also be shown in the companion app.

Now I got a new e-mail. But even here the data is only partially included.

More than in the first mail. This is really weak zwift!

Still no revised email. I must say, that this is doing Zwift no favours at all. It may be time to vote with my feet and move to another platform.

It’s been over 24 hours and still no email. Today I did the first workout and the long versions do not appear in the Apple TV app…actually 2 of the long workouts appear but not the one for today. I had to mirror from my laptop to my Apple TV so I could see my screen. This caused other issues with my HR monitor.

Zwift…you need to get your act together. Was ZA 2022 tested by any humans before rolling it out? You marked ZA 2022 quite a bit and thousands took the bait. What are you going to to to make up for the frustration you are causing?

This was supposed to be fun but so far this is not the case.

I have now received my revised email. Thank you!

I did my baseline ride yesterday evening and haven’t received any email yet. From my understanding the feedback email is sent directly after the ride.
Do I have to do the baseline ride again?

1 Like

FYI, they are aware and working on a fix

Same here. Have not received any email regarding the phenotype.
Do we have to do the baseline ride again?

I finally received my email after 27 hours and my phenotype is ! Also appears I had no w/kg. It sure felt like I was pushing.

I guess the issue is not fixed.

1 Like

Completed the Baseline Ride approximately 34 hours ago (UK time).

No email results, no email from Zwift explaining the issues, still no email with results etc and although the baseline ride and workout number #1 are showing in activities completed the Zwift Academy is still showing as 0% completed.

I’m very new to Zwift but wondering whether my subscription is worth it if this is an indication of the quality of service offered by Zwift?

It is possible you did not complete the baseline ride. There is a banner most of the way down the volcano that you need to cross to complete the ride, if you left the ride before hitting that banner it won’t show as complete it seems. Did you happen to close out before the finish banner on the way down the volcano?

Edit: No idea why Workout 1 would also be showing as not completed though :confused:

1 Like