World builder

This is an interesting area. Some of my friends have switched over to another platform so they can ‘ride’ their club routes especially during the current lockdown times we live in. Personally I am reluctant to change as I am addicted to Zwift and really enjoy what it offers.
If Zwift were able to offer a ‘My World’ or ‘My Routes’ that could be shared with friends/teams where basic routes could be made and ridden on perhaps that would be a good feature. My guess this would need to be a popular request before would be considered as it would require a lot of development time.

As stated, a competitor allows you to email in a .gpx file (100k limit) and within minutes its converted into a virtual world and added to your profile to ride (suggesting an automated process than a staffer having to do conversion).

All turns and gradient changes are replicated giving you a pretty good virtual ride on your favourite route.

Not sure how easy it would be for zwift to have a similar option, but it would be a cool addition to an already geat platform.

3 Likes

I don’t see how it would be realistic to build your own course (unless you want to ride in a course completely alone), but I would love the ability to create my own route (and save it for future rides).

Once you have a course you can set up a meetup for friend to ride with you.

I love this idea. DO IT! I used to do this with my CompuTrainer 20 years ago. How hard could it be?

I fear even more difficult than eliminating the bugs we have to live with…

Edit - for GPX files:

1 Like

I do remember that world and Simconnect, the proper way to connect to FSX, then the old way FSUIPC. Even met the dev team in Seattle. Also remember the software ESP that eventually became P3D, and the add ons - some very detailed and expensive ones.

Problem is how would this work for so many platforms, Mac, PC, phones, tablets, etc. Zwift is all very different. If you ride on a particular custom world, what about for others?