Works on nVidia Shield TV

( Print My Route) #1

Just a quick post to confirm that the app works with both the 2018 and 2015 nVidia Shield TV on Andorid 7.2.2.

I didn’t get the app via the standard channels - instead relying on the apk mirror site and an 3rd party hosted .obb file (v.32)

I’ve only just recevied my new Wahoo Kickr so haven’t paired it yet but presumably this won’t be a problem. I’ve just been stalking Zwifters for now and the interface works well with the Shield Controller.

My only quibble is that the image shown on a TV (~16:9) is a bit squashed horizontally as the app is designed for wider screened phones (16:10?) - perhaps a future update could address aspect ratios and screen sizes.

Looking forward to trying this out later properly and so glad I’m not having to rely on the PC app!

( Print My Route) #2

Also, as the Shield is a comparatively powerful device (still tops most of the charts for performance - the Pixel 3’s Snapdragon 845 is only marginally quicker at some tasks than the Tegra X1) it would be nice to see some improvments to graphics settings - or some way to tweak graphics for individual devices to bring them closer to the visuals on PCs etc.

(Scott Kinney5728) #3

I’d love it if Zwift officially supported the Nvidia Shield.
OP:
-Can you share how you got the apk and obb?-
Quick google can I have what I need.
Thanks!

( Print My Route) #4

Hi Scott,

Here’s a link to the APK and obb files I’ve used:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1JFKo-buDh94eGYWs8L1DNJdCzpLOjGZL

Firstly, install the app. Then create the directory for the obb file.

The easiest method is to use a file manager app like ES File Explorer.

Under /home/Android/obb create a new directory named “com.zwift.zwiftgame” and paste the obb file in there.

Launch the app. If it craps out first time, exit and launch it again.