Nvidia Shield TV

Hello

I’m looking to get an Nvidia Shield TV, but I dont know if the Android Beta works.

Someone who can confirm it?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Some answers on this forum suggests that the app is listed under the play store, but I haven’t been able to find it, so maybe it is only opened to public download on new releases. Anyway, I haven’t tried it and I am very looking forward to it

Regards, Alvaro

On my Galaxy S8, before beeing able to “join the program”, I could see the app’ but was not available for download.
I tried on the Shield TV, but I couldn’t find the Zwift app in the Playstore.
I tried to install a Zwift apk, but errors occured during process.

Ps : Zwift apk is 7.5Mo, wheras when I downloaded Zwift app from the Playstore, It was close to 280Mo. I tried to make apk from my app, but it was still 7.5Mo. Strange…

@Atiroocky you need the obb file from the Samsung S8. This file is on: Android\obb\com.zwift.zwiftgame\main.21.com.zwift.zwiftgame.obb, and should be copied on the same place. This number 21 is the version that should match the version of the apk afaik

BTW yesterday I did the same thing using apk+obb from a one plus 5 with no luck. The application started and I even heard the sounds, but could not move on the menus. I am thinking maybe I should use the gamepad which I don’t have… Will try again this evening

Thanks @amleivar for your tip !
I’ve got the Nvidia game pad so I could try this evening to make it work :wink:

Hehe good. If you also test with the remote only and report back… :clap:t6:

@amleivar, it’s working great ! but I is a little bit tricky…

No problem for the installation.

I thought i was stuck at the loading screen, with the music in the background. But you have to scroll the 3 pages from right to left, then you have access to the let’s go button ! I manage to scroll with the Nvidia game pad by clicking on the right trigger and (without releasing) swipe right to left. I think you can do it with the Nvidia app on your phone with the trackpad. It’s only for the first connexion. Next, you’ll have directly access to the button to begin.

Then I logged in and managed to connect my Smartrainer. Only bluetooth compatible. My ant+ key is not recognized.

I hope it will help :wink:

Done as you said with nvidia shield app! The only issue is that my bkool is not recognized as a controllable device… That makes it almost unusable. I will open a new post to see what is out there. Thanks for the tip, it really helped!

Is the Nvidia shield working good with zwift.

Hi, does the phone need to be rooted or can you copy these files on a normal OnePlus 3 using es file explorer. By the way zwift works well on the one plus 3

I think your phone doesn’t need to be rooted. I did this with ES file Explorer too, from my GS8 to the Nvidia Shield. It is important to have the same version of .apk and .obb file.

Hi I have installed zwift onto the Nvidia shield. I can’t move the first pages with the game pad or remote control. How are you doing this. thanks

Have you looked at this ?

I thought i was stuck at the loading screen, with the music in the background. But you have to scroll the 3 pages from right to left, then you have access to the let’s go button ! I manage to scroll with the Nvidia game pad by clicking on the right trigger and (without releasing) swipe right to left. I think you can do it with the Nvidia app on your phone with the trackpad. It’s only for the first connexion. Next, you’ll have directly access to the button to begin.

Scrolling the Zwift home page is a bit tricky. It’s like a window on your computer. The only way to move it, is to click on it and move the mouse without releasing the click. So on Zwift, if you cannot do it with the GamePad, try with the Nvidia App with your smartphone. It provides a trackpad with left/right button click.

Good luck :wink:

Got Zwift running on my Shield, but the result was disappointing. Resolution and quality of the graphics was awfull, like watching 720p on my 4K TV.
I hope Zwift will bring out real support for the Shield, as it is GREAT at 4K and certainly fast enough to handle high quality graphics.

1 Like

Thanks for info… I hope they will solve this in future updates…
What was framerate (FPS) on shield? Looking smooth?

Ride on…

Nope, screen was blocky, not smooth at all. Makes sense they don’t officially support Shield TV, would be a real emberrasement compared to Apple 4K

Hi Thibaut,

How smooth is zwift running on shield? Could you share some experience on graphic, framerate…
Thanks!
Ride on…

Hi Z.,

Well I don’t run Zwift on my Shield because it does not support ANT+ (not yet I hope…). I tried to plug my ant+ dongle but nothing happen.
I just tried to launch Zwift on it and try to connect some devices. I managed to get my Kickr Core to be recognized as Power and Controllable in Bluetooth mode. But I didn’t ride it.
Maybe it will support ant+ when the phone version will ? (very strange it still not supports it because there are plenty of apps which work great with ant+ native phone).
I don’t think they plan to make a special version soon for the Shield (limited number of users) , to work in 4K for example.
My advice, don’t buy a Shield TV only if you plan to run Zwift on it.

i will start zwift soon and i was looking to buy a nvidia shield as i dont want to have a computer set-up. i think that you can sync your ant+ sensor on zwift companion and then go get them by selecting your cellphone on the pairing sensor page on zwift. link below. can you check that for me please(and for you)???

https://support.zwift.com/de/pairing-to-zwift-with-bluetooth-le-ble-cycling--S1xnpAdrX

thanks

Hi Jean-Francois… I’ve been trying to get my sensors to pair through the companion app but not having any luck. Hoping someone here has more helpful suggestions. It seems the Android side is not well documented or supported yet.