Official Nvidia Shield TV support

Come on Zwift, many people have been waiting for official support on the Nvidia Shield TV platform for several years already. It should be unnecessary for people to use work-arounds to install Zwift on the Nvidia Shield TV like today. It should instead be possible to install Zwift directly from the play store on the Nvidia Shield TV. Menu control should be provided by both the wireless remote and/or the gaming controller sold seperately.

If you do not add official support for Zwift on the Nvidia Shield TV anytime soon I will seriously consider to terminate my membership.

1 Like

The shield just runs Android right? Can’t be that difficult for them to add or am I missing something?

I guess there are probably very few shields out there and probably isn’t worth Zwifts efforts (if more work than simply enabling it)

Can anyone confirm if the.nvidia shield actually works (even if unofficially). If it does work, how is the performance? Comparable to apple TV 4k?

Yes, but only if you sideload the Zwift app. Zwift is not available for download directly from the Play store on the Nvidia Shield TV. Every time there is an important update of the Zwift app you have to reinstall it as it doesn’t automatically update if it were officially supported.

Yes, it works and the performance is on par with a non-4K Apple TV.

Thank you

Not working for me… after installing the apk from apkmirror, it tells me to uninstall the app and te install it from the PlayStore, which is not possible as we know

I love nvidia shield and would LOVE to see zwift on shield.

All (and Zwift.inc), see my recent posts detailing my experience of running Zwift on the Nvidia SHIELD. Initial setup is a bit of a phaff (and that’s only because Zwift.inc won’t do the little bit of coding to support it) but once done it works really well.

I’m still waiting for official support for my Nvidia Shleid TV. It’s got superb graphics and a USB port to stick my ANT+ receiver in it, so Zwift: WHY ARE WE STILL WAITING ?