Workout Mode Feedback

Some Good Stuff:

Halloween theme was a nice touch, Like the interval portals, like the layout on the screen, like the rear lights on the bikes at night.

For longer intervals where the power increases by time it would be nice if there was an audible que to let you know the power is going up.  

Also when you have a Max interval it would be nice to know what is considered max given an FTP as there were times when I was over 700 watts but failed it.  

It would be nice if you could introduce power smoothing like “X” number of seconds so there was not so dramatic change in power if you are not on a smart trainer and just have a power meter

Also there were times where the interval portals would show up and look closer then disappear to then reappear.  This mostly happened when you got close to finishing an interval.

This AM also saw some flakyness of the AI riders flying across the screen both directions from the left and the right

Also it would be nice if there was a description of each workout out so you had an idea before selecting it

Also it would be nice to review the workouts without having to have you ANT+ device plugged in that way you could figure out what workout you are going to do at night to plan for the next day

Also I think riders that dont have actual power meter devices that are using classic trainers and speed and a power curve to be put together and not shown with those of us that do have power meter devices

What is the cooldown at a higher wattage than the rest wattages.  Example W11D5 you have a 5 min rest towards the end at a lower wattage than the 3 min cool down right after.

Shane I agree with all your observations. I also had a strange phenomenon whilst riding the ftp interval workout today, at about the 10 minute mark of both the 20 min ftp intervals in my workout everything went black and white and then fuzzy, as if i was entering some ‘dream’ state in a video game; unwatchable and frustrating enough to shut me down.

Initially I thought it might be a clever way of telling me I was nearing my Max HR but I’ve been using Zwift for two months and never seen this before. As soon as I hit the 20 minute time gate everything went back to daylight and normal albeit for the skeletons lol.

Zwift chaps is this a bug or a feature?

Also there were times where the interval portals would show up and look closer then disappear to then reappear.  This mostly happened when you got close to finishing an interval.

I noticed this this morning as well.  I think we’re seeing an artifact of someone else’s interval portal.  I only noticed this when I had another person close in-front of me and also using Workout Mode. 

I can confirm everything above this AM during my session on Week7 Day 4.  During the harder intervals during the 20 min one and also the 5 min ones its like it got hazy and saw visual lines on the screen.  I thought the same as my HR went up it seemed like it got more hazy :-).  Then when you left the portal it got clear again.

I think it is supposed to be simulating that you are hitting the wall at the end of interval … usually seems to correspond to rising heart rate …

Although someone is probably very happy with their work on this effect, I don’t think it has any place in a serious training tool.

Agree with sTTu

Zwift team you need to drop this effect it adds nothing